Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Belt bag, is it a must have for camp?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 10:12 pm
My daughter is going to camp for the first time. Is a belt bag a must have? I'm thinking it'll be convenient to carry camera/water bottle etc.
Also, if yes, is Lululemon the only one worth getting? I'm really not into getting what's trendy and brand names, but it's not crazy expensive so would be ok to buy.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 10:27 pm
I think by now the answer is yes. And yes to the lululemon part too. You sound like a good mother!

amother
Coral

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 10:34 pm
Really depends which camp. There are camps where things like this are totally not a thing, no standard etc. And there are camps where everyone comes with all the same "in" stuff..

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 10:35 pm
Bnoseinu

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 11:15 pm
Yes and yes.
We are very simple and not into doing what everyone else is. Not into brand name or anything close to that. Dds clothes are mostly handmedowns and she is fine with all that. Bit the one thing she asked for is a lululemon beltbag. I think its pretty insane since you can buy the same for a fraction of the price, but I got it for her anyways.

esther36

Post Thu, May 18 2023, 11:37 pm
I thought it was so smart the first time my daughter took it to camp. I couldn't believe how much it cost and I really didn't want to buy it but looking back it was one of the best investments I bought. She's using it for her 4th summer this year and uses it throughout the yr too so I definitely got my moneys worth!

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 9:37 pm
About this - which size does your daughter have that she's using so much?
1L or 2L?
The larger one seems more practical but don't feel like that is the one that I'm seeing around so much.
Thanks!

amother
Maize

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 9:39 pm
I don’t send to that camp but a different BY camp. I got one for dd from Primark for maybe $11 and she was happy with it. Didn’t feel weird at all not having lululemon and liked that she could identify hers.

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 10:32 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
About this - which size does your daughter have that she's using so much?
1L or 2L?
The larger one seems more practical but don't feel like that is the one that I'm seeing around so much.
Thanks!

I have no idea. I'll ask my daughter which one it is

amother
Forsythia

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 2:37 pm
Nopressure just checking if had asked...Thanks so much!

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 2:54 pm
When my daughter went to camp for the first time it wasn't A must-have yet, but she found it practical especially for carrying pads with her for the day.

Tova

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 3:23 pm
My daughter wasn't / isn't into brands (happy to shop for clothes at Target/Walmart) but she went the first summer with a $12 fanny pack from amazon and when she came home (from Maarava) she said the only thing she felt she was missing was a LULULEMON belt bag. So I got her one for Chanukah ($38 I think?) and she's already used it many times throughout the year. I was happy she could communicate it to me and I was happy to get it for her.

amother
Forsythia

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 5:46 pm
are the girls using mostly the smaller size or bigger one?
Thx

meme6

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:19 pm
My daughter was just telling me that it’s a style to wear them but girls also keep pads in there so it’s great for that and no one knows! I’m buying this as a gift for someone but not a name brand

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:21 pm
Interesting my daughter went to raninu and did not feel it was a must or came home asking for one… maybe your daughters are all older than she is

amother
Kiwi

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:54 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
Nopressure just checking if had asked...Thanks so much!

It's the 38 dollar one. I believe it's 1L. Fits a water bottle 16.9 oz and camera ... It's a good size

amother
Stone

Post Sat, Jun 10 2023, 10:46 pm
What color do the girls wear?

amother
Heather

Post Sat, Jun 10 2023, 10:47 pm
I got one from SheIn after seeing this thread. Wondering how much of a no no that is. My daughter likes it.

seeker

Post Sat, Jun 10 2023, 11:17 pm
amother Heather wrote:
I got one from SheIn after seeing this thread. Wondering how much of a no no that is. My daughter likes it.

It's fine. As long as it's a decent knockoff it'll work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children