Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What is the big picture here?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 2:05 pm
I give my picky eater probiotics by opening the capsule into a spoonful of storebought applesauce.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 2:21 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
I give my picky eater probiotics by opening the capsule into a spoonful of storebought applesauce.

Thanks for the suggestions but he would never touch applesauce!!

realsilver

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 5:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much that sounds encouraging. Can u post which probiotic you used?

I’m coming to the conclusion that I’ll have to find supplements rather than diet changes to start.

I use florastor for a probiotic, ( might only be available in canada, try amazon)

as well, there is something called goldenseal that is a natural antibiotic kind of drops that kills parasites, worms, strep, impetigo, coughs and colds... its super powerful. I got it from vimergy.

put both of these in a fruit smoothie with ice cream- I'm sure he'll eat it!

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 6:32 pm
My DD is 7 and is very susceptible to pinworms and when she was younger caught every virus she past on the street. She is b"h not catching those any longer however is still struggling with pinworms and she is very clean and particular. I see a direct correlation with pinworms and eating raw sugar and junk food. As long as she eliminates junk food, high fructose, and corn derivatives she's ok.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 09 2023, 7:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions but he would never touch applesauce!!

The point is an open capsule in a spoonful of something he does eat has no taste. So let it be pudding, leben, or even ice cream. You put a tiny bit on the spoon, pour out the capsule, add another tiny bit on the spoon, so he doesn't even see it or taste it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 14 2023, 7:47 am
I’m bumping this in case someone didn’t see this and may have good advice! I know that happens a sometimes when a post is on a Friday…
Still researching and looking for the best way to clean up my very picky eaters gut health. I also want to add another “issue” we have been having which is prob also related and that is his sleep patterns. He has a hard time winding down/falling asleep even though I can see he’s tired. Come the morning he has suchhhhh a head time waking up on time..

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Jun 14 2023, 10:07 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m bumping this in case someone didn’t see this and may have good advice! I know that happens a sometimes when a post is on a Friday…
Still researching and looking for the best way to clean up my very picky eaters gut health. I also want to add another “issue” we have been having which is prob also related and that is his sleep patterns. He has a hard time winding down/falling asleep even though I can see he’s tired. Come the morning he has suchhhhh a head time waking up on time..

Your talking about my kid with all the symptoms you mentioned, lol.
For sleep you can do magnesium baths and a banana before bed. But honestly what made the biggest difference in terms of getting my son to sleep through the night was homeopathy.

Food restrictions are so hard. To start with I think its a great idea to just add supplements before you cut out other things. Culturelle has a good powder probiotic that I mix into juice and has no taste. Other vitamins etc. get the gummies or good flavored ones and offer it as a treat.

To be honest though, I started seeing a significant change when we took him off gluten and dairy. Until then the changes were so small.
He does sometimes take gluten and dairy at school but at home we don't have it anymore so at least most of his diet is good for him.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jun 14 2023, 10:22 am
amother OP wrote:
Gut issues directly cause sleep issues because serotonin is produced in the gut and melatonin is converted from serotonin. Also because inflammation in the gut leads to excitotoxicity in the brain that prevents calming neurotransmitters from taking over.

I agree with everything the poster above me said.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 14 2023, 11:00 am
Thank you so much everyone! Really I appreciate it’s so so much as I start to learn more deeply about what is causing all this. I was feeling very lost so this is so helpful

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 7:29 pm
Update. This kid has pinworms-again. I can’t take it anymore. And this time he didn’t bother telling me until like two weeks after he started feeling them. So he’s crazy infested and prob spread it all over the house. I’m shabbos the kids took all the blankets and pillows in the house and made a fort on the couch. Yay. I haven’t done anything concrete bec I got too overwhelmed by all the info on here. But now I’m freaking out again. It’s all too much to always deal with. And apparently the pinworm medicine isn’t doing much since I’ve been treating this in and off since he was 2.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 7:38 pm
This https://www.iherb.com/pr/zahle.....76641

Or this https://www.iherb.com/pr/biora.....69667

For 30-60 days.

I would also do pin x for 2 full doses 24 hours apart, and then again 2 weeks later. Preferably over a full moon and new moon.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 7:44 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
This https://www.iherb.com/pr/zahle.....76641

Or this https://www.iherb.com/pr/biora.....69667

For 30-60 days.

I would also do pin x for 2 full doses 24 hours apart, and then again 2 weeks later. Preferably over a full moon and new moon.

Ok so I actually bought the first link last time around and as I have mentioned this kid is sensory and picky and gagged so hard even when I mixed it with grape juice and flat out refused to take it. I can’t say I blame him it smelled horrible

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 7:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok so I actually bought the first link last time around and as I have mentioned this kid is sensory and picky and gagged so hard even when I mixed it with grape juice and flat out refused to take it. I can’t say I blame him it smelled horrible
Try the bioray product?
Mix with ice cream or chocolate syrup or whatever it takes.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 11:54 am
Rainbow (or anyone else) you seem so knowledgeable and nice. What do you think of me starting this:
Bioray happy
Garden of life probiotic gummy

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 11:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Rainbow (or anyone else) you seem so knowledgeable and nice. What do you think of me starting this:
Bioray happy
I say it's a great start. Be consistent. Don't give up. Don't expect life-changing results. It's a marathon, not a sprint. You'll peel back the layers slowly.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 12:04 pm
I made a comprehensive list lol.. I guess this is becoming a diary for me Smile

Very Picky eater
Craves sweets
Picks his skin
Grinds his teeth in sleep
Pinworms recurrent
Impetigo a bunch of times
Bad sleep patterns (hard time settling/waking up in morning)
Constipated (bh outgrew encopresis so not as bad these days)
Very Sensory
Low tone
Low stamina
Hyperactivity/OR hyper focused when reading etc
Very very bright kh

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 12:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
I made a comprehensive list lol.. I guess this is becoming a diary for me Smile

Very Picky eater
Craves sweets
Picks his skin
Grinds his teeth in sleep
Pinworms recurrent
Impetigo a bunch of times
Bad sleep patterns (hard time settling/waking up in morning)
Constipated (bh outgrew encopresis so not as bad these days)
Very Sensory
Low tone
Low stamina
Hyperactivity/OR hyper focused when reading etc
Very very bright kh
It's great to keep a log of symptoms and interventions so you can track patterns. Good luck!

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 12:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Bioray happy

Can you post links?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 12:13 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Can you post links?

BIORAY Kids NDF Happy, Peach - 2 fl oz - 1-2 Month Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M.....ss_tl

Garden of Life Dr Formulated 5 Billion CFU Prebiotic Fiber, Probiotic and Vitamin D3 Gummies for Kids Digestive & Immune Health – Gluten Free, Non GMO, No Added Sugars, Strawberry Flavor, 60 Gummies https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09T.....ss_tl

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 12:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
BIORAY Kids NDF Happy, Peach - 2 fl oz - 1-2 Month Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M.....ss_tl

Garden of Life Dr Formulated 5 Billion CFU Prebiotic Fiber, Probiotic and Vitamin D3 Gummies for Kids Digestive & Immune Health – Gluten Free, Non GMO, No Added Sugars, Strawberry Flavor, 60 Gummies https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09T.....ss_tl
I personally try to avoid Amazon when it comes to supplements because of counterfeiting issues. Iherb is great. Fast shipping, low minimums, huge selection.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics