Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Soft plums

greentiger

Post Tue, Jul 08 2008, 9:25 am
I've got some soft plums that I want to do something with. I was thinking of a cake maybe but the only uncomplicated recipe I can find is milchig.

Anyone got anyhting good?

stargazer

Post Tue, Jul 08 2008, 10:30 am
There is a recipe for a plum crumble cake in KBD Entertains, that you can make with fresh plums.
Would you like the recipe?

greentiger

Post Tue, Jul 08 2008, 10:31 am
please. if you don't mind typing it up.

stargazer

Post Tue, Jul 08 2008, 10:48 am
I never tried it, but if you do let me know how it comes out!

Plum Crumble Cake

10 T margarine, at room temp. for 15 min.
2/3 cup sugar
4 large egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 (15 oz) can purple plums drained well, OR 10 fresh, cut in half and pits discarded

Crumbs:
8 T margarine
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 10 inch springform or 10 inch round cake pan with nonstick spray. If using regular cake pan, cut out circle of parchment paper and line bottom of pan with it.
In mixer, beat margarine and sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy. Add in egg yolks one at a time, beating after each. Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
Place flour and baking powder in small bowl and mix with fork. Stir into cake batter. Beat to just combine. Spread batter in pan. Starting at the center, arrange the plums in concentric circles cut side down on the batter, packed closely together.
Prepare crumbs. In mixer, beat margarine and brown sugar at medium-high speed until soft and light. Stir in flour. With your fingers or fork, rub mixture into course crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over cake to cover plums and batter.
Bake 45 min. until center in firm and crumbs are deep golden color. Cool in pan. Release sides of springform pan or use parchment paper to remove cake from pan. Dust with confectioner's sugar.

sbs

Post Tue, Jul 08 2008, 3:21 pm
if you don't want a cake, you could make compote or applesauce with apples and the plums will add a great sweet flavor.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Jul 08 2008, 5:11 pm
My mother makes plum-applesauce all the time, and it's delicious.

greentiger

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 10:19 am
I'm gonna try the cake I'll let you know how it comes out. For some reason I don't think plum-apple sauce would go over to well in this house but it sounds delic.

greentiger

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 8:22 am
Yummy, yummy!

I guessed the marg measurments but it came out fine. Even my husb who hates fruit in cakes loved this.

and I'm off to show off in the photography section... Smile

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 3:06 pm
Rosy Plum Streusel Squares

Crust and Streusel:

1 3/4 cups oats
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup margarine, melted
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)

Filling:

2 cups thinly sliced plums (3-4 medium)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon flour
1/3 cup raspberry preserves

Heat oven to 375 F. For crust and streusel, combine first four ingredients; mix well. Add combined margarine and almond extract, mixing until moistened. Reserve 1 1/2 cups; set aside. Press remaining oat mixture into bottom of 9x9" square baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.

For filling, combine plums, sugar and flour. Stir in preserves. Spread onto crust to within 1/2-inch of edges.

Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins