Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
DS never sees me- feeling guilty, again

mom21n2

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 1:46 pm
Last night, I got home around 8PM. DS (age 4) was waiting for me. He insisted that he and I make pancakes for dinner. (at 8pm!) Then, he refused to go to bed. Finally, he did, but crawled into my bed in the middle of the night. Feeling very guilty today.

freidasima

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 2:23 pm
Why are you feeling guilty? Are you never home because you are out dancing? Playing? Or are you never home because you are working to put food on the table.

That's life. Hopefully when he is older you will be able to work easier hours and come home earlier. I went through it and lived, when my kids were young I had to work nonstop hours to put food on the table. It wasn't fun but they survived. Sometimes one of them tries to lay a guilt trip on me today. I just remind them that had I not worked like that, they would be sleeping on straw on the floor because my paychecks bought them their beds, sheets and pillowcases.

I'm quite hard about it. No one works crazy hours because they want to. They do because they have to and they usually don't have a choice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics