Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Sephardic Food
"crab salad"

myomi

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 2:10 pm
How do sephardim make their "crab"salads?They are always so flavorful and perfectly seasoned.Any tips?

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 2:16 pm
myomi wrote:
How do sephardim make their "crab"salads?They are always so flavorful and perfectly seasoned.Any tips?

We don't eat crabs...

myomi

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 2:36 pm
Of course I don't mean real crabs..obviously.I mean the immitation ones,sold in pkgs in grocery stores.And yes,sephardim,maybe not all,but some, do make salads with this.

TheBeinoni

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 1:25 am
Huh? Where did you see this? What type of family had this? You mean when ppl just put imitation crab in a bowl with lettuce and other veggies?

myomi

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 10:39 am
Why do I feel like I am being picked on here?I asked a simple question and im getting such obnoxious answers.And No,Hot Mama,I think I can figure out on my own how to toss together fake crab and lettuce.I was talking about something a little more flavorful then that.
Thanks.

HooRYou

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 10:44 am
I have never had fake crab but I have heard of people serving it with tiny diced peppers in an avocado half with Russian dressing.

TheBeinoni

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 10:55 am
myomi wrote:
Why do I feel like I am being picked on here?I asked a simple question and im getting such obnoxious answers.And No,Hot Mama,I think I can figure out on my own how to toss together fake crab and lettuce.I was talking about something a little more flavorful then that.
Thanks.

Myomi we aren't picking on you CVS! I think you misinterpreted our responses (this is the annoying part about internet). I did NOT mean to imply you can't figure out how to make a salad!!! I was just trying to figure out what you are even talking about! I have never seen this before and we never served this in my home. I know that a few times my grandmother and father brought it home but didn't do anything special with it! Sorry for the misunderstanding we just see trying to figure out why you think Sepharadim davka eat crab salad! LOL even my in my ashkenaz friends homes this salad is hardly a staple

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 11:29 am
I too did not mean to upset you. I'm sorry if you feel that way. I've eaten Sephardic food for almost three decades and I've never come across "crab salad" (yet).

TheBeinoni

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 12:29 pm
ya know what... since this topic started, I'm not craving this interesting sounding salad. maybe OP you can describe what you had in the past?? now im interested in trying for myself!

cookielady

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 12:32 pm
I actually do make a good salad using this fish. I will have to figure out what I put in it. It happens to be a good source of protein while also very low in fat.

SZ mother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 11:09 pm
I know a south american salad.
I cut thin slices of Mock crab 1 package
1 - 2 cans of hearts of palm
Apple cider vinegar
Oil
Mayo
Ketchup
Mix ( I do not add salt or pepper the flavors are sufficient)
Delicious!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics