Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Need help translating Igrot Kodesh

amother

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 9:38 am
Can someone help me translate a page from Igrot Kodesh?

grin

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 3:25 pm
from Hebrew? which volume, page? (how long is it?)

amother

Post Sun, Jul 13 2008, 7:48 pm
volume 9, page 278 - 279. It doesn't look long.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 8:02 am
No takers huh?

grin

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 8:08 am
(I hope you didn't mean also the Yiddish at the top of the page - I charge extra for that!)

Quote:
In response to your letter, concerning what you wrote about the situation in your family and in particular concerning kashrus, it is known that one first needs to proceed in a peaceful manner and to make it clear to them that torah and mitzvos in general are for the person’s own good, for his body and soul, in this world and in the next world, and in particular eating kosher that, as the Alter Rebbe writes in sefer hatanya, it becomes his own flesh and blood, the Jewish body cannot tolerate non-kosher food and drink. Although at times there may be a long delay before the ill-effects become apparent chas veshalom, it’s well-understood that normal thinking people won’t do anything to badly destroy their health, even if only after several years, and when you add that this matter isn’t meant to scare them but out of ahavas yisreol (concern for thier own good) and love for relatives – that he must protect them from harm – things that come straight from the heart will enter the heart easily and quickly.
[Concerning receiving the visa, it’s surprising that it’s taking much time since the request same from a known educational institution.
Concerning setting the date for your wedding on yud-daled kislev, may it be at an auspicious time.]

I’m assuming that the first part is what pertains to you. The next letter is about acceping students to the school in kfar chabad – tell me if you need that part too.

This was also a chesed for me (a jew giving always gets also) – seeign the rebbe lay it out in such terms. (It also helped me keep my mind off the fast in a kosher way!)

grin

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 1:45 am
hey amother! did you see the answer? was it from the right page?

don't you think I deserve some kind of response for my efforts?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational