Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Ebay selling ideas

frumnurse

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 1:26 am
I really enjoy selling things on ebay as a hobby. I definately enjoy seeing money coming in on the side. I am wondering does anyone have any leads on buying products/ items wholesale ( out of ebay) and then reselling them on ebay. Has anyone here done that? also, if so what kind of products have you had success in? I am not looking to create an ebay store or turn this into something big but rather get a a number of popular items that are easy to sell and ship easily and I can keep selling them over and over. Any ideas? Thank you.

ffbmom

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 6:02 am
I'm with you. I've always wanted to do this, but I don't even know how Ebay works.

Would you like to sell new or used items? I'd imagine there's a real market for baby and kid stuff at good prices, but I wouldn't know how to tell you to begin doing that. Good luck.

First Lady

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 8:56 am
I actually used to sell baby and kids clothing. It is overly saturated and not so money making anymore, unless you get the popular brands for pennies (very hard though). It is not so easy either because you have to take pictures and make a description of each and every item, while something like a repeat item you can just keep on putting up without having to do all that work.

cuteson

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 11:05 am
how about selling electeronics people always look out to buy it.
I also thought about selling something I'm still trying to figure out what would be good

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 11:08 am
ffbmom wrote:
I'm with you. I've always wanted to do this, but I don't even know how Ebay works.

Same here can you please expain how do sell. I have a bunch of books I want to get rid of

overworkedraizy

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 11:57 pm
dh like playing around too
he keeps on selling cellphone and making money
I'm getting to enjoy it too, ppl leaving nice feedback its fun

Mini Cookie

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 3:49 pm
you might wanna consider borrowing (or buying) "Ebay For Dummies"

This is basically how ebay works (as far as I undertand it correct me if im wrong)

*you have an item u want to sell
*u do some research and give it a basic price (not too cheap cuz u want to make $ on it, not too expensive cuz u want it to sell)
*You can either put it up for bidding (that gives u a chance to get more than u hoped for) so u give it a starting price and anyone interested bids on it. the highest bidder wins!!!!!

*or if you have a few of the same product u probably would put it in as "buy it now" that means a set price

*Put up a basic shipping price (u can add a few $$ on that)

Exploding anger Things to be aware of Exploding anger
*Never buy from a person that has 0 feedback that means when a buyer gets his product he would rate u on how trustworthy u were (how quick he got the product, in what condition) and u dont know if u can trust a new ebay seller. I HAD BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THAT
So dont give up if u dont have too many buyers in the beginning. U work your name up ull have steady pple looking out for your products.
*Make sure to mention in 49 states only this price. But for Hawaii & Honolulu a little more cuz if u write $__ if mailed in the USA Hawaii & Honolulu are really more expensive

Thats basically what I know.

Books are a great idea!

Make sure to be honest with your description and a good picture is definitely more attractive Wink .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics