Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Money
Previous  1  2

benny

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 9:57 pm
huh?

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:01 pm
Oh gosh. Let me explain. The movie, S*x and the City made the website Bag Borrow or Steal popular. For some reason my comment showed up as "relations in the city".
I was saying I'd never do the bag borrowing...Oh forget it!

Rolling Eyes

benny

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:13 pm
Oh- thats funny. I was wondering what relations in the city was!!

cassandra

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:13 pm
I think that site's been popular for a while, definitely before the movie. It's really expensive anyway, you just have more of a variety.

Another point is that you can't get anything close to a designer handbag for $500 these days. More like $1200-1500.

Maya

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:15 pm
cassandra wrote:
Another point is that you can't get anything close to a designer handbag for $500 these days. More like $1200-1500.
Check out their canvas ones. They're much cheaper than the leather ones, and can be $500.
So, how many do you own? Very Happy

benny

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:15 pm
You can get certain nice bags for $500. Coach, Juicy... Maybe not the real high end designers but definitely still designer.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:22 pm
cassandra wrote:
I think that site's been popular for a while, definitely before the movie. It's really expensive anyway, you just have more of a variety.

I never heard about it and neither did my friends before the movie.
I don't need a designer bag with a name on it to make me happy. I do like a good quality leather bag like Hype, Francesco Biasia, Furla...

cassandra

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:26 pm
I'm the same way. My husband wanted me to buy a bag for my birthday and told me to pick whatever I wanted, and I just couldn't go for the high end stuff. I ended up with something midrange that I love. I really am a practical girl.

And you never heard of bag, borrow, or steal? I can't believe I knew something the Beauty Queen didn't!

And Maya, I could not see spending that much on a canvas bag. I like nice leather too.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:29 pm
Maybe you're a better fashionista? Wink
I was shocked that it existed. I think it's the craziest thing, borrowing a bag.

cassandra

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:36 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
Maybe you're a better fashionista? Wink

If only you knew me you'd know how funny you are.

Truth is, I have a good eye but I'm horrible with details. So I can tell when something looks right or wrong, but I can't think of the little touches on my own to make something good look great. I would really like to learn though.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:39 pm
My sister is great at that. I think her secret is the accessories. Belts, shoes, jewelry, bags (haha).

cassandra

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 10:45 pm
Right, it's the accessories. I just never know what to buy so I stick to what's boring. (Shoes and bags I can do, because those are necessities, so I think about them differently.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics