Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How some children do and some don't

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 4:43 pm
Isn't it interesting how some kids in the same family do and some just don't?. My 3 daughter and second oldest son would suck their thumb the second they hit the crib or bed never any other time. Confused My son stopped on his own at age 8yrs and my daughter still does. The other children never did nor my twins b"h and it's nonething to do with security since davka those two had more attention since with my son he was a born 3mnths early needed lots of attention and my daughter came after something horrible in our family so was appreciated even more as a true blessing Exclamation yet those r the two that suck Confused . None of my kids take pacifiers was thinking I would have to but b"h didn't.
So can't figure it out.
Also the 3 kids that look like me drawled as babys the others not. Though I never drawled and sometimes get swollen glands like me when they have a bad cold Interesting no. Would love to hear if it's only my perception or what Question

proudmom

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 7:48 pm
With three of my kids each one walked at certain times. My oldest was at 14 months second at 10 months and my third I am still waiting. My two girls everytime they teethed they always complained my son I never knew that he was teething until the tooth popped out.

Yael

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 8:43 pm
by me levi and shevy look alike and also have the same easygoing personality, as babies anyway. now levi is a different story.
Dovi was much more highstrung and clingy as a baby but now is so calm and easy you'd never guess.
its amazing the way their personality changes as they grow.
Levi started out being easygoing, happy, and calm, then around 1 yr became this hyper rebellious child till age 2. then calmed down a little as he learned to communicate and understood me better. now he's this logical thinking, intellectual, and independent little person. well he was always independent. he bargains and makes deals. he tells me I have to listen to him if I want him to listen to me. and wont obey an order. rather you have to convince him nicely to stop sitting on his brother, if you want him to listen. Rolling Eyes
he told me today that he doesnt like snow, so I told him to come inside. so he said but I dont want it to snow OUTSIDE! as if I could stop it. Rolling Eyes
yeah thats kids for you!

Tefila

Post Fri, Nov 11 2005, 3:25 pm
Quote:
he tells me I have to listen to him if I want him to listen to me. and wont obey an order. rather you have to convince him nicely to stop sitting on his brother, if you want him to listen

lol LOL Watch it Exclamation . My daughter told me yesterday since I was exasperated w/h my husbnad for coming in after, when I needed his help before. So yep I raised my voice an insy weensy bit embarrassed My daughter says mummy we have to talk nicely if u want someone to listen you know embarrassed

tzivi

Post Sat, Nov 12 2005, 6:32 am
This is a fascinating topic for me as I am totally amazed at how my "even" kids look and behave similarly to each other and how my "odd" (I don't like using this word, but can't think of a better one) kids look and behave similarly to each other.
Kinderlach 1,3,5 k"ah all have stronger personalities and are slightly darker and prefer to wake up early.
Kinderlach 2,4,6 k"ah all have quieter, more thinking natures and are fairer in their complexions and prefer to wake up later.
My husband and I found the best thing to do is to try to put the similar children with each other in their repectives bedrooms, as we only have two for the kinderlach.

proudmom

Post Sat, Nov 12 2005, 5:58 pm
my girls are really shy and my son is not. Both of my girls make the same facial expression when they are upset.

Motek

Post Sat, Nov 12 2005, 8:16 pm
freilich wrote:
Also the 3 kids that look like me drawled as babys the others not.

mind translating that into American English? Question 8)

Tefila

Post Sat, Nov 12 2005, 9:18 pm
LOL drooled during their teething process 8)

Motek

Post Sat, Nov 12 2005, 9:35 pm
thank you Smile
I thought that might be it but wasn't sure.

micki

Post Sat, Nov 12 2005, 11:35 pm
my blonds are more quiet where the brown are more wild.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Nov 12 2005, 11:38 pm
my mother said she felt a difference of the boys vs girls in utero....kicking vs "fluttering." She asks me what I feel now, as I'm expecting my 2nd BE"H.
Any of you felt a difference based on gender of child?

hadasa

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 6:26 am
nope- my two youngest are girls and were very different in utero.

Two of my kids are MAJOR bookworms like me, while two others like to read, but would just as soon do something else. The rest don't know how to read yet.

Some kids would open closets and take everything out, others never did. They ALL, no exception, went through a scribbling-on-the-walls stage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics