Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Info on P3

allgood

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 6:48 pm
Does anyone know anything about being a P3 provider- tutoring services provided by the board of ed? I had someone request that I tutor their child who was mandated for 5 days of P3 services. Any information or a way that I can find out this information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

sbs

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 7:00 pm
if you are certified by nys for regular education you can be a p3 provider.
you tutor them 5 times a week, fill out a form to be signed by the parents, and get paid by the board of ed.
I believe it's somewhere about $40 an hour, but I don't know exactly cuz numbers just recently changed.
also, you need to file taxes on it and pay 15% social security tax.

allgood

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 7:08 pm
I currently only have a transitional certification in special ed. Do you have any idea if this is enough? Also where can I find those forms you are talking about?

kaye

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 8:20 pm
you can get in touch with the Agudas Yisroel and ask for Leah Steinberg's office. She is very involved in setting up students with providers and can give you all the necessary info.

mommy24

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 8:24 pm
Is P3 the same as a SEIT? (at least one that goes to the home?) or is it just considered tutoring?

do you have her number? If so can you PM it to me, or if you don't think she would mind post it here.

kaye

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 8:32 pm
P3 is not the same as a SEIT. I don't have her number but will look for it.

mommy24

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 8:35 pm
Thanks!

sbs

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 8:55 pm
transitional should be ok for p3,
the form is given to the parents, when a parent finds you to be the tutor you fill out your info and send it in with a copy of your certification, and wait to get approved to start working,
then when the approval comes through they send you a time sheet, which you log when you worked with the child and send it in at the end of the month.
it takes about 6 weeks until you get paid.
if you're looking for leah steinberg, call agudah's main office and ask to be transferred to her extension, it's good to get on their list of providers because many people call them to ask for people who would be able to tutor.

allgood

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 9:01 pm
Thanks Kaye, I will definatelly try calling her.
Mommy24 Agudath Yisroel's number is 212-797-9000.
P3 differs from SEIT as P3 is not in a classroom setting, and it deals with school age students. When doing P3 you can do up to 5 students at a time and you get paid based on how many students you're studying with. I was interested in this since I'm looking for an extra job that I can do from my home.
Thanks Again!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 9:20 pm
Does any one know if I am eligible to do it? I am really a speech therapist but I have an additional licence called TSSLD (Teacher of students with speech and language difficulties) which means that I can (and do) work as a SEIT. Would I be able to do P3 as well?

Cdlf

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 9:31 pm
Can anybody tell me how I can get P3 approval for my 6 year old daughter? I had to pay for the resource room last year in the school bec. I was told that P3 is for 6 and up only.

allgood

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 9:52 pm
If your school was the one that told you you can't get P3 last year why don't you try asking them how to go about it?

Cdlf

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 10:57 pm
There's nobody there now but I left a message for the principal.

allgood

Post Mon, Jul 14 2008, 11:06 pm
Hope that works. If not try contacting agencies that deal with therapy services for your child's age. Maybe they can help.

CHANY115

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 9:29 pm
im in the middle of looking for a p3 provider for spetember. preferable someone with knowledge of yiddish kiriah. if interstead you can pm me. in bp.
you can call yeled vyalda to help you on p3 they know a lot of numbers also ifyour child has other services then you can call the board of ed that handles your case and ask them how to add p3.
pm me for more info.
also the woman that does speach. are you interstead in speach theraphy in bp. I know someone that is looking for speach therapist for 2 of her kids under board of ed. what agencies do you work for?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics