Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Professional Organizer

amother

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 12:31 pm
Are there any Imamother Professional organizers out there?

If so how much do you charge?
Do you enjoy it?
Is it a practical job for a mother with young kids?
Is it physically very straining?
Do you work on your own or with someone?

I'd appreciate if anyone has any info regarding this field.

TIA Very Happy

Cdlf

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 8:35 pm
I would love to have one in my house. I had one once for $50- an our and she came with her assistant fot $20- an hour. After that I called her assistant 3 times together with my cleaning lady. There is a website for professional organizers NAPO.org that list people by area and expertise. The ones in Manhatten take about $100- an hour and some take by the day-$200. If you're new and want some experience, for a good price I may be interested!

Cdlf

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 8:36 pm
I can tell you all the details of what they do and don't if you pm me. Just too long and boring for now!

allgood

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 9:03 pm
If you're looking for s/o I heard of someone who just started out recently and is suppossedly great. Let me know and I'll try to find out more info

cheerios

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 8:59 pm
It seems op is looking to become one, not searching for one. I'm not a prof. org. but I had one and I think I can answer some of your questions:

They charge usually between 50-150 an hr. (mine charged 65 and worked on her own)
Do they like it? They usually love it, it's usually their passion - that's why they chose this field.
About physically straining - I guess it could be if you're doing a major job, but the client does it together with you, she's not taking a nap while you work.

Is it a practical job for a mother with young kids? I think yes, since you create your own hours, so you can work when your kids are in school, you can even choose which days of the week to work, just schedule your appointments on those days.

Good Luck to you!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 12:43 pm
OP here. cheerios, thanks so much for replying. That was pretty much the info I was looking for.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 1:03 pm
What exactly does a personal organizer do?

freidasima

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 12:19 pm
They organize your home. Your possessions. Get you to part with things you adore but don't need. Leave you with a hole in your pocket but a gorgeous house. Then it's up to you to keep it up...

cheerios

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 11:50 pm
... and help you organize your time, fit everything into your schedule...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics