Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hair trends

TheBeinoni

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 12:03 am
I think it is safe to assume that the majority of women on this site cover their hair (myself included). Right now the trend in hair is that wavy, piece-y, laid back kind of look. I was thinking I should try to do my sheitel like that, it could look cute!

Do you ever miss styling your hair and doing fun things with it?

How often, if ever, do you change your sheitel styles?

and

Who saw the Ports ads (and there was another before that) with the girl wearing an Israeli tichel?! (well it wasn't really a tichel but it was a long scarf and her hair was totally covered!) I cut this out and showed it to DH who doesn't exactly love the way I look in tichels. Hair covering has definitely made a comeback in the fashion world, from hats to scarves...

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 11:49 am
Wavy, piecey...that's my current style. I go curly too (loose curls). It's a beach s-xy look you're talkng about.

OldYoung

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 12:01 pm
hotmama wrote:

Do you ever miss styling your hair and doing fun things with it?

Nope, cuz I still do my hair sometimes. LOL It looks exactly like my shaitel, just cut a drop different, and I think my hair is a little longer.. but it really needs to be cut.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 12:03 pm
Hotmama- What put sheitels in your head??

My hair was stick straight before and very thin so I could never really do anything with it. I either had bangs or I didnt. It was either shoulder length or down my back. in a bais yaakov bump or down, in a headband or half pony.
That was the extent.

I change my sheitel style every time I get it washed. I dont have side bangs cut but I try to make the hair look like I have side bangs so that I dont have to deal with something in my face.
I either get it styled straight with a side part or I get it styled to go straight back so I can do a "bump" or I get it wavy.

I'm not into the whole piecy look, looks too unfinished to me. I like sleek and elegant and classy.

his_sweety

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 12:18 pm
What is piecy? Never heard that term before!

I still play with my hair a lot, I recently cut it about 3 inches added layers and side bangs! Fun! I loved it!

Then I decided I want more fun and cut my sheitel myself! and LOVE it!

I do my own wash and sets, play every day with my falls n sheitels (I'm not a proffesional).

I have a 20" sheitel, a Noah, my favorite which I mostly wear like gisele bunchen type of wavy, I do not stop getting compliments on that!

Maya

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 12:22 pm
I have 5 sheitels, and each of them is a different hairstyle. This way, I can always wear what I'm in the mood of, or, different styles for different occassions.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 12:30 pm
Maya wrote:
I have 5 sheitels, and each of them is a different hairstyle. This way, I can always wear what I'm in the mood of, or, different styles for different occassions.

Thats my dream!

newatit

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 3:11 pm
I second that. anyone know a good reasonable (aka cheap) place to get a long sheital?I miss my hair!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 4:04 pm
I just got a JAP wig, they had a 19 or 20 inch wig for 480.00 BTW the hair on mine is gorgeous.

TheBeinoni

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 4:10 pm
wow that is cheap. ive seen adds for the JAP wigs, ill have to check them out.

I don't know if I can even pull off the piecy/beachy/giselle look since my natural hair is straight, thats all im used to. but I entertain thoughts sometimes...

RivkiA - I have no clue how I thought of this!! Any ideas? Wink

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 4:11 pm
I used to have one longish shaitel that I play around with. Then I just got bored and styled it. I made full side bangs -thats in too.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 4:50 pm
Wavy, shoulder length is nice on most faces especially with one side on the face and the other behind the ear.Which I like b/c I usually only have on one earing, since I am always misplacing them embarrassed
However it's not an easy style to manage. Confused So 4 now 4 weekday I have the bangs, straight look. 4 shabbos is another story Wink

Teacup9

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 10:01 pm
I see some short sheitals now. Like the bob with full bangs and the cute cut with side bangs. I'm thinking of getting an overly layered sheital I have right now chopped to that length, but I sort of lack the courage.

I wear mine in beach waves, but when the style falls I iron it straight with the ends curled under (its the only style I can do on my own). Then I send it back in for beach waves again. The styling and the sun is making the color so brassy I am embarrassed to wear it though. And I don't know if dying it is worth it with all the split ends.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics