Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
San diego hotels?

bubble gum

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 10:09 pm
I am looking for a place to stay in mission bay san diego. I dont wanna spend more than about $125 but I really want a nice, clean hotel preferably on the water. Ive tried all the websites, including priceline and hotwire. All the nice hotels are VERY expensive, and the reasonably priced ones seem like dumpy motels. Anyone been there recently and stayed somewhere they can recommend? Or and California people who know the area and its hotels well? Its just for me and my husband. Thanks!!

ss321

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 11:37 pm
not sure where mission bay is exactly, but I stayed at the manchester grand hyatt which was right on the water. really nice, alhtough the spa was nothing to write home about. not sure how much it really cost, because I stayed for free (it was thru school-for a conference). hyatts usually arent that much - like 140-200/nite, something like that.
the most gorgeous and coolest hotel in san diego was called "the ivy." (the website is like theivyhotel.com, something like that, just google ivy hotel san diego). really nice. but beggars cant be choosers and since I was going on someone elses dime, I took what I was given!!
also a plus, chabad of downtown san diego is like a 3 min walk from the hyatt.

benny

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 12:03 am
Try to get a nice hotel on priceline. They will let you select the mission bay area. I vacationed in san diego 2 summers ago. It was amazing!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics