Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Idea for inexpensive shabbos away in Israel??

Pizza

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 9:43 pm
We want to take our kids away for an interesting shabbos - we are 8 people, one is a baby.
We have no car and very little money to spend.
We would like to take the train to Bnei Brak or Petach Tikva or Haifa, and stay in a guest apt or someone's empty apt. (we would pay them something for its use, but it's gotta be cheaper than a hotel or hostel!)

I was thinking of Bnei Brak b/c my kids have never been exposed to a chassidish environment, and I feel like something is missing (I spent a lot of time in Crown Heights as a teen). My family is Chardal, and knows how to act appropriately, my son is in yeshiva ketana - we just spend most of our time in our own daled amos, and I'd like them to appreciate the chassidish side of things a bit more.

Does anyone have suggestions of a guest apt or something? Maybe a family who would like to host us (I would contribute financially to the meal). We are also interested in a tish or something along those lines...

DenaP

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 12:52 pm
Often people simply house-swap. Ask your Rav to contact a Rav in Bnei Brak and see if they can make a shidduch for you. By swapping houses, both families get a holiday, neither has to pay anything for a hotel. Ideal.

Alternatively, contact this organization: http://www.jewishmeals.org/how.htm They provide free meals/hosting to travellers. They may be able to help you out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics