Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Teacher trouble

imaamy

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 1:10 am
I've received an email from one of my children's teachers. She is upset with me for talking to the principal about an upcoming event for my child's class. I didn't speak with her first because this year I've been frustrated and angry after each encounter I've had with her. The principal forwarded her my emails because what I heard from the principal and what I heard from the teacher didn't mesh. I really try to avoid conflict, especially when it might affect my kids, but my child is unhappy and I'm getting pretty fed up. Conflict seems to find me of late! Any advice?

tzivi

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 5:09 am
I would just speak directly to the teacher and try to sort out everything ~ for the sake of your child.
Hatzlocho!

imaamy

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 9:12 am
When I've spoken to her directly, many times since this school year began, she talks down to me and gives me the idea it is her way or the highway. I come away so frustrated and angry and my child still isn't able to achieve in the class.

Motek

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:45 pm
imaamy wrote:
The principal forwarded her my emails

with your permission?

imaamy

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 5:46 pm
Yes, with my permission because the teacher presented the upcoming trip for the class as a done deal. The principal said it was not finalized that the kids would go. Most of the parents thought it was for sure, so it was a big mess. Nothing in the email was inflammatory, just that I was concerned about being asked to fundraise for a trip that I did not approve of prior to being asked. I am currently investigating ways to make the trip less expensive as my contribution, since fundraising makes me turn green!

raizy

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 9:37 pm
huh how can they go on a trip that cost alot of money without getting the parents approval first.!

and I feel for u . my daughter is having major clashes with her teacher . I wish she would be changed but she loves her classmates just not one teacher. what should I do??

imaamy

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 9:43 pm
Today a survey came home asking who is interested. It said one parent expressed concern so before we plan any further we're asking if people are interested.

Raizy, the social aspect is so important to kids in school! It is hard to separate them from their friends. Keep us informed!

raizy

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 10:11 pm
I thought it over and I decided that classmates comes before any rotten teachers. and the worse part is some parents challsh over her. they claim she is the best teacher. etc .

and since I am on top of the teacher she has backed of my daughter. she use to punish her at least once a day! for a kindergaten kid that I feel is too much?

tzivi

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 10:29 pm
Can you try to organise a meeting with you, the teacher and the principle?

imaamy

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 12:05 am
Raizy, punishment in kindergarten can definitely be overdone. I'm glad the teacher is responding to you. My son (older) missed computers for misbehaving in another class. He is supposed to learn how to type (I do all the typing now for his work) but he missed computers? Does this make any sense to you? At our school they also take away recess for bad behavior. My daughter will miss tomorrow for talking in class. They need the exercise and fresh air! I object to taking away recess but that is what they do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics