Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I can't decide!

shira

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 4:47 pm
I'm in the midst of designing a new kitchen and my kitchen guy said that I MUST pick out colors TOMORROW if I want him to get started..........but I can't decide!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.engineeredstone.com/cscascade.jpg

This is a picture of my countertop. Its Caeser Stone (or Even Kaisar as we call it here:))

I'm in love with the countertop- its really the cabnits that I'm having a hard time with. We are doing it in formica, not in wood.

I put it up against venga and it was elegent but I'm afraid that 1.it will make for a very dark looking kitchen and b. its in now but will probably b passe next year.

I makes the most sense for me to do something natural/light looking but the light countertop with light cabnits seems a little washed out to me..........

I'm doing a really fun back splach tiny (1/2 inch X 1/2 inch) square light blue tiles.

Any ideas about cabnitry? Anyone ever seen a light counter with light cabnits? does it work?

Just bare in mind that the countertop is a tiny bit bolder in person.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

1stimer

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 5:01 pm
No idea, TG I don't have these problems Smile (we take whatever the baal habayis puts in)

imaamy

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 5:17 pm
Shira I think light would look very serene with your counters. Your counters have some color to them. My kitchen I've been getting quotes to redo cabinets and counters but haven't felt right about the contractors. I will tell you I have white tile counters and light oak cabinets and it is boring! I want to go darker but my husband likes lights. Let us know what you decide.

raizy

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 9:37 pm
shira u are asking the wrong person.. I still havent put in the backsplash bc I cant decide which color or theme.

I did my kitchen in peach. and countertops in fake black marble effect..

it came out very nice.

red sea

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 9:37 pm
If you go with light cabinets you can try a shade on the walls / decor that match the counters and that should tie in the whole look and not appear washed out.

sarahd

Post Sat, Nov 19 2005, 2:57 pm
With formica as opposed to wood you should have a much wider selection of colors. If your kitchen is big I think you could gamble with dark cabinets but if it's small, dark will definitely make it look smaller.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics