Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Has your summer been productive?

Toot

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 2:29 pm
I had such big plans for the summer, plan the whole year out, make all the worksheets, make all my room decorations...

And here I am, two weeks 'til school starts, with very little to show for all my big plans - well, aside from a very relaxed summer Smile

So how do you use your summers effectively? Tips for the next two weeks (and coming summers) are welcome!

cassandra

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 2:46 pm
At the beginning of the summer I laid out a plan to clean and re-organize every room in my house, and I'm happy to say that I've made significant progress. Thank you very much.

ETA: I just realized this was in the teacher's room section. I am not a teacher. But still proud of myself.

Last edited by cassandra on Thu, Aug 14 2008, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 3:00 pm
I did nothing the entire summer! I have to start planning again for the upcomming year.

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 3:02 pm
cassandra wrote:
At the beginning of the summer I laid out a plan to clean and re-organize every room in my house, and I'm happy to say that I've made significant progress. Thank you very much.

me too...with a little help from ikea.

soldat

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 3:27 pm
nooooo
all I acomplished was slowly cleaning up and reorganizing classroom from last year.
nothing new.

Toot

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 7:51 pm
cassandra wrote:

ETA: I just realized this was in the teacher's room section. I am not a teacher. But still proud of myself.

As you should be. And as one of the greatest educators I know always says, "Everyone's a teacher."

anonymom

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 8:44 pm
I went to work everyday, (although I plan to take off two days the last week to do last minute shopping for 2 sons going out of town), did the laundry, did the grocery shopping, kept the house to a certain standard of cleanliness, (all kids home for the Summer), took the little ones to swimming lessons and playgrounds, cooked supper once in a while. Nothing exciting, but I guess it was productive.

Frum

Post Fri, Aug 15 2008, 2:31 am
Uhm... Yes and no ;-) We have done a lot of cleaning and changing inside the house, which really improved the situation and even gave me my own place to work on my lessons (we have a pretty small apartment). We made a really nice relaxing trip. As for preparing my lessons, I was filled with lots of plans and ideas but with only two more days before the start of the new schoolyear, I realize I had wanted to do more than I managed to.

It's always a dilemma how to spend your precious summer time. Relaxing is definately the most important, but preparing for the new year gives you a good start and makes you feel on top of things. I finished my lesson plans for the first quarter, made two syllabi, rewrote some materials I already made, but I still have A LOT of reading to do, especially for my world history classes. For jewish history I develop my own material which takes a lot of time, but I have managed to at least cover the basic materials I'll need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics