Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How to get rid of flies???

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 12:31 pm
In the past few days my house became infested with regular flies. (must have left the outside door open too much) How do I get rid of them???? Do they still sell these fly catcher thingees, y'know, the sticky roll that you hang from the ceiling, or fly swatters? I havent seen those things around since I was a girl and we went to the country! Any other ideas?

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 1:53 pm
keep a squirt bottle on the counter. just squirt them in water till they pass out. eventually they will all die.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 2:01 pm
I hate those fly-paper things. Nothing turns me off more than seeing a strip covered in little fly cadavers. We've had a few episodes like that. We just wait for them to die off of natural causes. My son begs me to kill them, because he's learned that they vomit every time they land. I tell him that's a myth (they spit but don't throw up), but that's small comfort to him, imagining that they're spitting all over the place.

Tehilla

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 2:02 pm
I am an expert fly killer. I hate them.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 2:05 pm
I know an old lady.....

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 3:07 pm
Go to the hardware store and get the fly paper!!! We just had a bunch of them flying around the whole house - totally gross!

One, you have to find out where they came from - ours (I think) came from the diaper pail - despite my emptying it very often and airing it out outside. Now, No more diaper pail. I take out every dirty diaper immediately and wet diapers 1x/day.

Also, I think I found the origin, quite accidentally. A bag of something rotten behind some cake mixes. Don't know what it was, don't want to know. Got rid of both things. Put up fly paper, all gone.

Nasty, but gone.

It also helps to air out house. Of course I didn't have reg. flies, they looked like fruit flies.

Fox

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 3:32 pm
Is it just me, or are flies worse this year? I have a healthy community of flies because of kids coming in and out every few minutes from my daughter's backyard camp. But I had the same situation last year and it didn't seem like they invaded to the same degree.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 3:34 pm
my flies come in when I open my screen door wide/long enough to get my stroller/wheelchair in. everytime I open the door, the "air force" comes right on in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics