Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Where can I go? need to relax

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 8:15 am
ANy place to go with dh and my 2 kids? somewhere relaxing, nice, not so far...
I need to get away a little, have a break from the monotony here...
please give me some ideas which I can present to my husband.
TIA!

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 8:36 am
The Raleigh hotel in the country.

There are also two nice hotels in Parsipanny (sp?). NJ. One is called The Embassy, I think.

Wherever you go, have a great time!

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 9:26 am
oooh, I also need to go somewhere. the problem with hotels is that after 7pm I'm stuck in the room cuz ds needs to go to sleep on time....

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 9:33 am
Fabulous wrote:
The Raleigh hotel in the country.

There are also two nice hotels in Parsipanny (sp?). NJ. One is called The Embassy, I think.

Wherever you go, have a great time!

thanks, but I would rather go somewhere quieter, where it is not so congested, know what I mean?
any other ideas? I am thinking along the terms of a quiet countryside, along the beach, with kosher food, and a spa.... mwa haaa haaaa, wishful thinking, huh? LOL

cassandra

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 9:45 am
Any place with kosher food will be congested, especially now when most people are going away.

Stayci

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 9:54 am
Have you heard of the "Mohonk Mountain House"? Located 90 miles north of New York City on the Shawangunk Mountain Ridge (aka "The Gunks") near New Paltz. Its a stunning place, although rather extravagant. Dunno much info about it, but I was there once and it was magnificent! Very Happy

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 9:57 am
I have a friend who goes pretty often to hotels for a Shabbos. She gets amazing deals with beautiful hotels and grounds, the one catch being is that they have to bring their own food. If you would like details, I can ask her.

Mevater

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 8:36 pm
Fabulous wrote:
I have a friend who goes pretty often to hotels for a Shabbos. She gets amazing deals with beautiful hotels and grounds, the one catch being is that they have to bring their own food. If you would like details, I can ask her.
Do they have Minyan? If yes, please tell us where.

PeachTree

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 8:52 pm
Long Branch, NJ. Very nice and relaxing. You can take a walk at the boardwalk, or just sit near the water.
Very relaxing. Plus there are lots of things fir the kids to do as well. Great Adventures, Saseme Place and others or all nearby. They also have a minyan.

golddigger

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 8:53 pm
You can go to Deal NJ theres a beach not far from there, and theres definetly kosher food.

Seaside heights is great for Family fun . you can rent an apartment at the beach its really cewl and not very xpensive, but no kosher food there, however lakewood is about an half hour away.

www.oceanplaceresort.com STUNNING!!!

POCONOS

Miss Missie

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 8:57 pm
Ocean Place is sooo old. Wouldn't recommend that place.

How about that place in Belle Harbor advertised in the Binah, anyone been there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics