Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Live-in help

hindyandrafi

Post Mon, Jun 06 2005, 10:08 am
Can anyone advise me how much I should be paying for full-time live-in help??

girliesmommy

Post Mon, Jun 06 2005, 10:40 am
It all depends on the going rate in your area. You would never get away with paying in FL what I pay here for help! Wink

nmbmom

Post Thu, Jun 09 2005, 12:04 am
Hi hindyandraffi! I have been looking into this recently as BH I am expecting very soon. I also live in FL. My friends told me it should be around $250 a week for live-in (basically someone "right off the boat)
but I've called a few places and have found it to really be in the $315 to $350 range. I'm still in the beginning stages of getting info so if I find out anything more I'll share it!

amother

Post Thu, Jun 09 2005, 5:49 am
that is a lot of money that is almost half a paycheck a month. shock why don't you get someone to come for a couple of hours a day instead twenty four hours?

supermom

Motek

Post Tue, Jun 21 2005, 8:35 am
on the topic of live-in help, I know a family in Lakewood that is looking for live-in help - if you have any ideas, please let me know and I'll pass them along

happyone

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 7:23 pm
in the tristate area , you'll pay closer to 400.00 - 450.00
hungarians are a bit cheaper , off the boat, however, they are only here for 6 months, which means by the time they are trained in and learn the language you're onto the next one. Good luck.
I resorted to four hours a day cleaning help, and getting a jewish girl in the evenings to assist with homework, bedtime and baths. it works out really well, and I get to give the kids attention one at a time.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 9:55 pm
amother wrote:
that is a lot of money that is almost half a paycheck a month. shock why don't you get someone to come for a couple of hours a day instead twenty four hours?

supermom

I agree - sounds like you need a good job for live-in help. Not I am butting into people's personal lives and I guess sometimes it's worthwhile!

nicole81

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 1:06 am
I'm not sure you would want to do this, but I know a couple of people with mexican live-ins that pay only $250 a week with 2-3 kids. and they have each been with the families for a few years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics