Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Manicures
Previous  1  2

Do you get (or give yourself) manicures?
Religiously  
 26%  [ 11 ]
Occasionally  
 43%  [ 18 ]
Rarely  
 29%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 41

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 11:26 am
Ahhh...thank you greenfire. I didn't know that. For some reason even if I write 4 it always just prints 3...I'm going to try your idea...thanks. 8)

Mishie

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 3:43 pm
I once got "tips" for a wedding. It was a lot of fun while it lasted (about 3 weeks). Then I had to remove them for Mik... It was quite a "project" getting those things off....

I used to go for manicures. My lady would make cute, tiny decorations sometimes (like tiny flowers or diamonds). I loved it!!!

Nowadays I just do my own. Nothing too fancy...

Maya

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 4:21 pm
greeneyes wrote:
IAnd besides, between washing dishes and cooking, the polish would chip off too quickly.
I try to keep my nails from chipping and getting dull by wearing gloves when I wash dishes.

I also read of a tip to put clear nail polish on the tips of your nails after a shower to keep the water from softening the nails and making the polish chip.

Sarah S

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 4:32 pm
Before I got married I did my nails in "honor of shabbas". It was the best excuse not to feel guilty spending $10 every week. However since I got married I do them every once in a while when my nails (or me) really need it.

sky

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 4:38 pm
hotmama wrote:
I go once a week for a manicure (my lady charges $6!!!) I keep them relatively short and usually get a very sheer color. If I don't take care of them, I start to pick at them and bite them! embarrassed

Who do you go to?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 6:33 pm
I do it like once a month. They are pretty cheap(six bucks). The rest of the time I do it myself.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 6:43 pm
and when I have the time, I have my baby with me who refuses to sit still in the stroller while I them done...

why cant ure husband watch your baby?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics