Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Make sure to watch your babysitters!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:31 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....lated

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:45 pm
For all those who think ignorance is bliss…

happymom

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:48 pm
I never understood how someone can have a babysitter and not check up on them/ put a hidden camera... you have to make sure your kids are happy and safe.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 12:02 am
I never understand how people can confidentaly leave the kids with a babysitter and trust them. I've seen enough and that was in public-imagine in private!

PIP

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 12:05 am
Yikes.

mumoo

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 2:04 am
happymom wrote:
I never understood how someone can have a babysitter and not check up on them/ put a hidden camera... you have to make sure your kids are happy and safe.

if you don't trust someone enough that you need to put up a hidden camera, you have no business leaving your children with them. What are you waiting to film, anyway?

Tamiri

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 2:23 am
It doesn't say if the mother learned her lesson and stayed home with them or if she just went and found some other arrangement for them.
Until you are home taking care of children, you have no idea how hard it is. What these nannys who abuse do is what mothers may sometimes [u]feel[/u] like doing but won't because they love their children. The nanny doesn't love the children in the way a mother does (or should): for her it's a job, and usually a low-paying one at that.
Consider how careful you are when you choose a place to service your shiny new car or your expensive sheital: do mothers spend as much time worrying about who is taking care of their children?

shosh

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 3:12 am
Sometimes we have no choice. In my situation as a single mum, I always have to find a babysitter if I need to go out in the evenings. Unfortunately I don't always vet them either. Where I live, no one but no one wants to babysit, and especially not my kids, who test the limits of every single adult who comes into contact with them. And because of that, I have no social life, miss most weddings and never go to shiurim. And yes, I do worry on the occasions that I find someone how good they are. But sometimes one has no choice ...

zufriedene

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 3:39 am
talking about babysitting, the same goes for the elderly that have care takers at home.
PPl put up cameras and are bewildered by the care their Parents are receiving.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 4:04 am
zufriedene wrote:
talking about babysitting, the same goes for the elderly that have care takers at home.
PPl put up cameras and are bewildered by the care their Parents are receiving.

And if you are in the 35 and up group this is either staring you in the face or may within the next few years. Some people take their parents into their own homes which is probably safest....

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 5:01 am
I used to babysit all the time, and never did anything like that! I would never take a random babysitter for my kids, but if I know the person and am comfortable asking them to look after my kids, I dont feel I need to tape them.

Raisin

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 6:49 am
I don't really like the idea of a hidden webcam. Maybe if you tell the babysitter that there is a webcam, but otherwise it feels sneaky.

Another precaution you could take is pop in unexpectedly at random times. (or have a friend or husband do that). there are certainly trustworthy babysitters out there, I guess you need to know how to find one. unfortunately not everyone is able to take a person they know as a sitter.

With elderly people there is even more of a risk. most people are attracted to babies and instinctively want to care for them.

pinktichel

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 6:56 am
Raisin wrote:
I don't really like the idea of a hidden webcam. Maybe if you tell the babysitter that there is a webcam, but otherwise it feels sneaky.

It's actually pointless to install a webcam and not tell the nanny. Why would you wait for something to c"v happen when it could be prevented?

happymom

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 8:58 am
if you don't trust someone enough that you need to put up a hidden camera, you have no business leaving your children with them. What are you waiting to film, anyway?

thats the point. many times people just trust the sitter or "know" they trust them, and really they are abusing the kids, slapping them or whatever. I actually see this often so I can unserstand that it happens alot. like I see babysitters in the park with frum kids ignoring them, etc

Crayon210

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:05 am
I've mentioned this before, but it's illegal in some states to use a hidden camera without the nanny's knowledge.

happyone

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:12 am
happymom wrote:

Thumbs Up

However, as much as you know about someone... you never know.

octopus

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:14 am
yes, you are supposed to tell the nanny that there is a camera(s), but you do not have to disclose the location.

Pineapple

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:20 am
People told me to go on luach.com and find a babysitter so I can go back to work. I never wanted and this video "proves" my fears you don't know who (or what) is whatching your children

mumoo

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:29 am
happyone wrote:
happymom wrote:

Thumbs Up

However, as much as you know about someone... you never know.

I am pretty sure my sisters and parents are ok. Very Happy Though I grant that not everyone has the zchus to have ready-made sitters.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics