Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Where can I get a fresh pomegranate in NY?

Mevater

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 8:48 am
I've tried fruit stores in Brooklyn and I was told I have to wait til Rosh Hashanna time.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 8:53 am
I don't know for sure, but you could check with Whole Foods or Fairway.

elf123

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 9:13 am

According to the POM website, they are in season from Oct. thru Jan. So I'm not saying to give up, but it might be a wild goose chase. I just had a thought, though...The Orchard on Coney Island Ave. between J and K might have imported out-of-season fruit, you could give them a call. Good luck!

ss321

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 9:35 am
im a pomegranate fanatic and seriously, you wont be able to find them till like august at best but probably september. ive tried the orchard and ive tried whole foods in the city and lots of other small expensive fancy fruit stores on the UES. theyre not in season so rly hard to come by in the US right now....

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 10:17 am
they are on sale in my supermarket now (ready seeded). They certainly do not grow here, so they must be imported.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 10:22 am
In Israel you can get vaccum-packed seeds in the refrigerator in the produce section. Do you think you could find something like that there?

red sea

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 10:26 am
Ok, if my memory serves correctly - dont go there special for sure - but if you want I can ask the person I know who will know better than me, on 13? ave across from friedmans is a fruit store - I am almost certain they carry seeded pomagranites year round, I guess you can ask for whole.

Mevater

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 1:38 am
[quote="red sea"]Ok, if my memory serves correctly - dont go there special for sure - but if you want I can ask the person I know who will know better than me, on 13? ave across from friedmans is a fruit store -...[quote] Thanks a mil. I go there often. Across the avenue or street? In which direction? Do you mean the corner of 39th & 13th?

Cdlf

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 7:44 pm
Try Landau's on 18th aven. I usually see containers of seeded poms there. Call them 718-633-0633

traveler

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 12:47 pm
Quote:
Try Landau's on 18th aven. I usually see containers of seeded poms there. Call them 718-633-0633

I just saw whole ones there.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 1:07 pm
maybe wait it out ... they'll have em soon enough ...

MMEC123

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 6:30 pm
This doesn't help you in Brooklyn much but I have seen them on sale already at Rockland Kosher in Monsey.

busylady

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 6:33 pm
crown heights empire kosher has them, I think also mister greens. Thats weird that you can't find them, they really shouldn't be so hard to find!

HappyFamily

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 7:43 pm
Try "POMEGRANATE"!!

mom21n2

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 11:13 am
There's a food store in Queens, right near the Cho-Sen garden. They usually have them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries