Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Fernwood-Bushkill

morahg

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 1:19 pm
Thanks for all the help, everyone. Anyone heard of Fernwood Resort, in Bushkill, PA?

sbs

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 2:21 pm
yes was there last year, you could stay in the hotel or they have 1-2 bedroom villas.
there are some small activities on premises, like horse back riding, bumper boating,
and then there's bushkill falls nearby and the delaware river where you could go rafting, canoeing.
they have a website, check it out.
it's very family oriented.

morahg

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 7:40 pm
Thanks, SBS. Was it clean? I don't really care about fancy, but I read some pretty bad reviews (after I booked Sad ) regarding the cleanliness.

PIP

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 7:45 pm
We used to stay in the villas when we were younger. It was very clean. We also went to the hotel because they had things there. It seemed clean from what I saw. This was all n the wintertime. We looked forward to it every year! The good ol days! Enjoy!

sbs

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 9:13 pm
I don't remember it striking me as not clean, although I was disappointed cuz we booked the hotel room with the jacuzzi and from looking at the picture it looks like a decent sized room, well in actuality the jacuzzi is at the foot of the bed, and on the side of the bed is a table with two chairs, it's tiny!!!

Miss Missie

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 9:43 pm
Do the villas have a private pool also? Now, that would get me in the mood!

morahg

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 10:05 pm
No, no pool, unfortunately. Thanks for all the responses!

sunshine!

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 10:23 pm
We actually booked a villa in Fernwood, through one of these time share programs and they called us back almost 2 weeks later to tell us that they overbooked and that we could reschedule. We couldn't reschedule so they refunded our money, but we were sorely disappointed!

farmom

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 11:21 pm
We used to go to Bushkill Falls when I was a kid. I have the most awesome memories of the place. (the falls, not the resort - we went on day trips) It's gorgeous there!

JRKmommy

Post Fri, Aug 15 2008, 2:33 am
We were just at Fernwood Resort at the end of June. The price was quite reasonable, and we loved the 2 bedroom villa. The kids stayed in the large bedroom in the basement, which had a double bed and sofa, plus a large washroom with jacuzzi and separate shower. The main floor had a decent size kitchen and open living/dining room. The top floor had our bedroom with ensuite bath. There are several indoor and outdoor pools, and a free shuttle around the resort.

sandwich

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:34 am
we went there last summer and stayed in the 2 bedroom villa with a jacuzzi
it was very nice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics