Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
American Teen in Israel w/ Braces....advice please

raspberry tea

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 6:47 pm
I was not sure where to post this! Has anybody sent their teen to Israel for the year while still in braces? How did you manage? At this point he goes about every 6-8 weeks. The longest strech he would be away is 5 months. So I suppose he would need about 2 visits in that time. Any suggestions? Maybe he would just go that strech without a appointmen? I will have to speak to his Ortho. I was just wondering how others have managed.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 7:18 pm
what you are basically gonna have is the kid in braces longer ... if they cannot be adjusted in the normal month to month visits ... not the best thing but probably not the worst either .. Mr. Green

Barbara

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 9:41 pm
greenfire wrote:
what you are basically gonna have is the kid in braces longer ... if they cannot be adjusted in the normal month to month visits ... not the best thing but probably not the worst either .. Mr. Green

Still too young, but if the teen is going to be away that long, you're going to need at least an emergency contact in Israel in case something breaks or comes loose. Talk to your ortho. My s/he knows a colleague in Israel whom you can contact.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 2:36 am
Why don't you get them to see an orthodontist in Israel while they are here? If you post where in Israel maybe someone here will have someone to recommend.

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 6:31 pm
\\\ask your dentist if he has a recommendation. My ex's dentist in the states had a clinic for charedim in Y0m. My ex payed from there and set my kids up with the colleagues he prefered. \yhere doesn't need to be a lull.

raspberry tea

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:18 pm
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering...what to do if something breaks. I can ask his Ortho, but this considered way out of town. I would be really surprised if he had a contact in Israel. I will try though and I will try on the Israel board to. Anyone else with a suggestion????

Tamiri

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:22 pm
The place where your son is learning may have an English message board. If you give info on where he will be, I can try and get you the subscription address for a site in that area, and you can ask people for a referral.

Marion

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:25 pm
I went away for school and I was still in braces. It just took longer. At that point I actually told the ortho I didn't care, just as long as they were off before I graduated.

raspberry tea

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:36 pm
The message board would be helpful.

Marion, what about breakage of the wire ect. Do you have a back up if something went wrong?

cubbie

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:42 pm
Why don't you put a post on www.janglo.net (messageboard for Jerusalem Anglos) or www.taanglo.net (messageboard for Tel Aviv Anglos) depending on where he will be for recommendations of a good ortho here in Israel.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:44 pm
I already posted the Tzfat website on her other thread.
Janglo and Tanglo are for those specific areas, not Tzfat. I can't imagine it's worth it to travel so far for braces adjustments. Haifa is so much closer, if there is no one in Tzfat.

cubbie

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:48 pm
Ok, I've now seen the other thread - sorry and good luck!

momatwork

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:51 pm
Another couple of months probably would not matter.

Marion

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:06 pm
yuki wrote:
The message board would be helpful.

Marion, what about breakage of the wire ect. Do you have a back up if something went wrong?

I had a bracket come loose once...I picked an orthodontist out of the yellow pages and went to have it fixed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children