Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Mishpacha Article on Asperger's Syndrome
Previous  1  2

How informative did you find the Mishpacha article on Asperger's?
Very  
 75%  [ 6 ]
Not very  
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Motek

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 7:36 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
Motek, every medical condition is only considered one because people decide that certain physical or behavioral symptoms are not typical of most people. It's hard to know where to draw the line. At what exact glucose level is a person considered diabetic? It's possible to argue that symptoms of diabetes are within the range of normal for all human beings.

hard to draw the line with diabetes? comparing that to someone who talks overly much? I don't see the comparison

every medical condition? like CP, muscular dystrophy, taysachs ... I think not.

Quote:
When signs appear with more frequency, intensity and duration than average, a person starts to move into suspicion of having a condition with a name.

this applies more to the mental health field I think

Quote:
The medical field is still grappling with defining the criteria for the Asperger's label. Agreeing on the specifics is a process.

maybe they'll decide it's not a syndrome after all, that's also a possibility is it not?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 7:38 pm
amother wrote:
sleepless why did you change your name? your baby lets you sleep already so your not sleepless. anyways im having thoughts if my son is ppd or aspergers, im not sure the name of these. but I need tips on how to cope with his issues or how to raise him with care, any good articles on that????

Hi! Pm me and I'll help you out. I have a bunch of years with experience in this field.

Isramom8

Post Sat, Aug 30 2008, 7:38 pm
There is a new online link to another version of the original Mishpacha article. This new version was published in Spirit Magazine (summer 2008). The link is http://www.spiritmag.org/v6n4/aspergers.html

The Spirit article deals with the issue of genetics more fully, and the marriage question.

To repeat, Asperger's syndrome is a form of autism that the frum community should know about, because it explains certain unusual behavior of many children and adults that appear basically typical.

By understanding what makes people tick we can learn to accept and appreciate one another with our differences.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 7:02 pm
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics