Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
High maintenance?

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:24 pm
What do you consider 'high maintenance'?

And does your DH agree Twisted Evil

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:29 pm
In my opinion, high maintenance is taking care of oneself.
I admit that I am very high maintenance, but I do maintain myself. I wax myself, do my own manicures and pedicures...

OldYoung

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:55 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
In my opinion, high maintenance is taking care of oneself.
I admit that I am very high maintenance, but I do maintain myself. I wax myself, do my own manicures and pedicures...

Taking care of oneself is regular maintenance! I'm not sure how to define high, though. It's probably different for everyone. Some people would say manicures and shaving and makeup are high maintenance...

yo'ma

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:57 pm
I think high maintenance is wanting more and more and everything has to be perfect. But I'm not, so who knows What ?

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:18 pm
high maintenance to me means that if you went on vacation you have a separate suitcase for hair and beauty products.

ffbmom

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 3:46 am
In shidduchim, high maintenance usually means spoiled. Not just hair and manicures, but name brand hair and manicurist- top Manhattan salon. Choosing to have a manicure over making dinner for family, say (OK, that may be extreme). Spending loads of money on clothes and jewellery. Brand name bags like Coach, etc. Always going shopping. Not ever satisfied. These are the images that come to mind with high maintenance.

Kmommy18

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 3:16 pm
I'm not high maintanence, but I wish I could afford to be... LOL

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 6:33 pm
ffbmom wrote:
In shidduchim, high maintenance usually means spoiled. Not just hair and manicures, but name brand hair and manicurist- top Manhattan salon. Choosing to have a manicure over making dinner for family, say (OK, that may be extreme). Spending loads of money on clothes and jewellery. Brand name bags like Coach, etc. Always going shopping. Not ever satisfied. These are the images that come to mind with high maintenance.

I used to think that I was high maintenance but then I realized that the above is totally the meaning of the words! I'm not AT ALL like that!

Fox

Post Sat, Aug 30 2008, 9:53 pm
I once took a magazine quiz entitled "Are You High-Maintenance" and I got a negative score. I'm not sure if that made me feel better or worse!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:02 am
RivkiA wrote:
ffbmom wrote:

I used to think that I was high maintenance but then I realized that the above is totally the meaning of the words! I'm not AT ALL like that!

Same here.

Dh still thinks I'm too into "details" or bothered by stuff that is "normal" or "meant to be that way" (think zits or whatever). LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics