Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Pre-school- music constantly or not?

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:44 am
As a parent, would you be happy or annoyed if there was music playing in your child's preschool upon arrival in the morning and departure in the afternoon?

smiley:)

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:17 am
Neutral. I think in the morning it is nice. In the afternoon not so necessary. If it is "constantly" I surely wouldn't like it, but it could help the kid to feel into things, excited etc when they come. But keep it quiet so no one has to scream over anyone and it is not disruptive to kids who like quiet or are not big music lovers.

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:23 am
I definitely didnt mean music constantly, but at drop off and pickup which gives off the general atmosphere of there being music...

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 4:23 pm
It really depends on the volume. If it's just background, that's nice, but loud enough to want to start singing or dancing, then it's too disruptive.

Stepmum

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 8:09 pm
Constant Music - definitely a no-no. But I can see at hometime, especially if the parents don't all come at once, having music and either an active circle, or a relaxed 'reading and listening to music till Mummy gets here' time. I think it's a bit much to have in the morning, but that's just me. I like things to start off quietly, and give me time to talk to the kids, and for them to warm up at their own pace, not be thrown into something.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 8:34 pm
My son's cheider has loud blaring music when I come pick him up. I can't stand it. I don't try to screm over it. I speak to the Rebbe in a normal tone and he lowers the volume so he can hear me. LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics