Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Bulletain boards

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:42 am
In your opinion, are class bulletain boards for preschool more for the parents or for the kids? Do kids even notice what goes on the monthly bulletain board? (I'm not talking about a bulletain board displaying their work, I'm talking about a bulletain board with themes, like elul, or tishrei, or some other learning theme.) Do you do it for the parents or for the kids? Do you put a lot of work into bulletain boards?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:45 am
Wow, they do bulletin boards today?
In my days, in middle and high school, there was a monthly paper and those who wanted could contribute...

smiley:)

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:16 am
Seraph wrote:
In your opinion, are class bulletain boards for preschool more for the parents or for the kids? Do kids even notice what goes on the monthly bulletain board? (I'm not talking about a bulletain board displaying their work, I'm talking about a bulletain board with themes, like elul, or tishrei, or some other learning theme.) Do you do it for the parents or for the kids? Do you put a lot of work into bulletain boards?

How much they notice it depends on how much you discuss it, how much your curriculum revolves around that theme, how much you weave it into things.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 4:21 pm
If you don't put one up, what would you have instead? It makes the room look more festive, which is for the kids and parents. The creativity is for the parents. Wink

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 4:35 pm
the only thing they will notice is decorations that they made, and you then string across the ceiling.

ffbmom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:52 pm
I think they'll certainly notice it. Kids pick up all types of things from around the room. However, they have to be big and bold and colourful. For example, if you are teaching colours and you have great pictures of things that are orange, red, blue, etc., and all the pictures are correctly labelled in neat, large writing, the kids will look at it each day. You'll also call attention to it, and you'll use it as your teaching tool during circle time. However, I've seen rooms too cluttered with stuff on the walls, that the kids feel overwhelmed.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 2:11 am
In my preschool class, I use the bulletin boards all the time to review and emphasize the things that were taught during circle time. ex: while the children are eating I show them, ask them and discuss with them the pictures on the bulletin board. you can also make interactive bulletin boards like a har sinai and add flowers for sefira...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics