Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
HELP ORGANIZING KIDS CLOSET

Abi Meleibt

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 5:59 am
I am desperate to find a way to organize my boys closet in a way that it will stay organized for longer than a day or 2. I have a ds who is very eager to get dresses every morning (atv the crack of dawn) when the rest of the family is still asleep, he will go through most of the closet until he finds what he wants to wear and the rest will be dumped on the floor, when asked to clean up his room, most of it gets dumped in the laundry basket or just vthrown back on the shelves! I tried evrything from taking clothes out the night before to talking to him... ( he is 7 yrs old, old enough to understand) Anyways I am DESPERATE to find a way to keep it neat and organized. Any ideas on how I could d o this would be greatly appreciated!

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:29 am
Mom2ZYCS wrote:
I am desperate to find a way to organize my boys closet in a way that it will stay organized for longer than a day or 2. I have a ds who is very eager to get dresses every morning (atv the crack of dawn) when the rest of the family is still asleep, he will go through most of the closet until he finds what he wants to wear and the rest will be dumped on the floor, when asked to clean up his room, most of it gets dumped in the laundry basket or just vthrown back on the shelves! I tried evrything from taking clothes out the night before to talking to him... ( he is 7 yrs old, old enough to understand) Anyways I am DESPERATE to find a way to keep it neat and organized. Any ideas on how I could d o this would be greatly appreciated!

I had the same problem...thats why I got drawers.

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:07 am
Why not prepare him a set to wear the night before and put it on his chair?

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:38 am
I do set up for my son too but he prefers to rumple everything up. You could plotz. I think I’m going to start hanging his stuff up on hangers and let him file through it that way. Any takers?

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:39 am
ShakleeMom wrote:
I do set up for my son too but he prefers to rumple everything up. You could plotz. I think I’m going to start hanging his stuff up on hangers and let him file through it that way. Any takers?

Maybe lock his closet?

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 7:49 am
you go fight with a 9 year old.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 1:29 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
Why not prepare him a set to wear the night before and put it on his chair?

I was going to say the same thing or he should prepare it, while you watching, so he won't make a mess.

Helani

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 5:15 pm
I hang outfits on the same hanger (shirt+pants, or top+skirt+tights for girl). Underwear, socks, tzitzis in a drawer. That way he just sees the outfit he wants and grabs it. Doesn't have to look separately for top and bottom.

lednam

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 8:47 am
I think hanging is the best way some place where he can reach it.
my son gets dressed by himself he makes a little mess but his shabbos clothing are hanging and it works better there is no mess.
I have another issue he likes to change cloths like twice a day and socks like 5 times, he gets undressed and then dressed again but he puts on new cloths thats very annoying and a lot of laundry too

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 12:41 pm
they have bars that hang over the regular closet bars that make it lower for kids ...

help him pick out an outfit the night before by giving him 2 or 3 choices at most ...

some of us wake up at the crack of dawn - my mother knows well Twisted Evil I never made a mess however I did occasionally wake everybody up ... What

give him something to do so that he is occupied when he wakes up early ...

lednem - if he changes clothes so many times some of them can't be dirty - reuse those ...

Mishie

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 1:41 am
My kids have NO reason whatsoever to go near their closets. Every night I put their clothing out on the Coffee-table for the next morning. In 5 neat piles.
What ever I chose is what they'll be wearing! no arguments! and that's that!!! Very Happy
(We'll see how long I can keep this up for.... my oldest is 10 yrs. old now, I have a feeling once my kids are teenagers things will have to change.... LOL but meantime I'm enjoying neat closets!!!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics