Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Thomas Edison State College?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 8:39 pm
anybody got a degree from Thomas Edison State College?
I was thinking about completing my degree there.
if you had a good or bad experience there, please share.
thank you.

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 8:47 pm
sounds electrifying ... Idea

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 8:58 pm
I did (through Maalot)...but for me, the degree hasn't done much, as in my field, experience and skills/proficiency means a lot more. My education and knowledge got me my job...I can't vouch if the degree helped or not.

sky

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 9:42 pm
I got a degree through Maalot in computer science and I work in software engineer. Mrs. Gross from Maalot Baltimore was really helpful in helping me understand the system. I don't think I would have understood it myself. They were a pain to work with and it took longer then I expected to get my credits in order. But I was still happy to have gotten my degree in 1 1/2 years (I saved a lot of college time!)
Once I had experience nobody really cared were my degree was from, as long as I had it.

octopus

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 9:44 pm
thomas edison is not new york state accredited (it's from nj). If you are in new york, and accreditation matters, then I say go with a different college.

If it doesn't matter- (I.e you live in nj or you don't need to be licensed)then go for it!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 9:54 pm
http://tesc.edu/aboutus/507.php -- it is accredited in some locations, and it also depends on what major the degree is in.

Pineapple

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 10:03 pm
Not all masters program will accepts bachlors degrees from here.

A lot of programs dont like that it only says p or f on the transcript and not a letter grade.

Leahh

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 10:22 pm
I got a BA from there and so did many other people that I know. I haven't gone to masters program but some people that got their BA's from there have gone to VERY good colleges, like Kean University, NYU, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Touro...
I know these people personally.
I recommend getting your degree through them but you have to be motivated to do the work on your own. If your not motivated your better off going to a college where you're required to show up to class.
If you want more info, let me know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics