Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Waterbugs UGH

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:08 am
Once you see a waterbug and it disappears, will it reappear? How to trap them, kill them, get rid of them and not be scared of them?? UGH!

gryp

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:15 am
Close the holes in your house. It's the only answer. It's $$$ but worth every penny.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:20 am
I agree with GR. Closing holes is the best way to keep out both mice and waterbugs. I totally freak out when I see a waterbug, but there is one redeeming thing about those disgusting creatures -- they're often loners. Meaning, you can have one and not see him, or any of his friends, for years. They don't travel in packs.

If you see more than one, Combat has stuff to take care of them.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 11:34 am
Quote:
but there is one redeeming thing about those disgusting creatures -- they're often loners. Meaning, you can have one and not see him, or any of his friends, for years. They don't travel in packs.

YES! That's why I don't hate them with a burning passion like I do roaches. They are both equally disgusting, but if I see a water bug, I know I'm not doomed.

We have a guy on our block who breeds them, so I see one or 2 in our house quite often. Sad Visiting only, B"H!!!

gryp

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 12:33 pm
Why on earth would someone breed a disgusting bug that breeds quite well on it's own??? shock

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 12:36 pm
I was at a science museum and they brought some out in a tank, for people to hold. Why, oh why would somebody hold one of those things? I'd rather...well, there's just about anything I'd rather do than that.

octopus

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 12:41 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I was at a science museum and they brought some out in a tank, for people to hold. Why, oh why would somebody hold one of those things? I'd rather...well, there's just about anything I'd rather do than that.

uh-oh. When I was in sixth grade my class took a trip to a science museum and they had a super large tank of south african roaches. Being a country bumpkin that never saw a roach before, when they asked "does anyone want to pet it?" I volunteered! blech. Can't believe I did that. (think roach the size of your palm).

oh the things we do in our youth....

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 12:45 pm
Egads. There isn't enough soap, Lysol and Purell in the world to take care of that hand after you did that. Sorry. The foolishness of youth.

By the way, my husband did hold the bug at the museum. He can no longer touch me, our children or anything in our house with that hand.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 12:48 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Egads. There isn't enough soap, Lysol and Purell in the world to take care of that hand after you did that. Sorry. The foolishness of youth.

By the way, my husband did hold the bug at the museum. He can no longer touch me, our children or anything in our house with that hand.

Then it's a good thing he didn't hold it with both hands!

GAMZu

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 1:37 pm
GR wrote:
Why on earth would someone breed a disgusting bug that breeds quite well on it's own??? shock
I was being (partially) sarcastic. This is a hermit dude that loves his ecosystem. He has a mini forest in his driveway. Birds, cats, bugs, all living off each other. Smile Seriously, he has a habitat there that is a perfect ecological balance. He even has flower bushes that feed the water bugs. When you walk at night, you have to be careful not to step on the creatures who are sitting around the flowers that dropped, sucking the juice out.

My only solace is that his system is so perfect and comfy that none of the creatures he breeds would want to stay in my house for an extended period of time. LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics