Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Sam's Club or Costco

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 10:32 pm
I've finally convinced dh to join one of the above clubs to save money. We only want to join one. Which of them gives the better deals and has the most kosher products?

yentaof8

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 10:49 pm
I belong to both and I think I prefer Costco. It has a cleaner, classier feel to it. They're both set up warehouse style but Costco still seems neater and on some items, a little cheaper. As for kosher items, they seem pretty even but I'm sure they vary from city to city.

Happy Mom

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 12:21 pm
We've been members of each in the past, but have found that we didn't really save much at all on food. I found when I bought huge boxes of something, I was much more free with it than I would have been if I had bought smaller boxes, and so I used a lot more of it than I needed to, so there was no money saved and I actually ended up spending more than I would have otherwise. If you're a person who buys large amounts of name brand processed foods, you can save there, but if you really want to cut down on your food costs, you can do a lot better by shopping the loss leaders at supermarkets and cutting out some of the processed foods.

What we did save on there were diapers, paper goods, garbage bags, etc. But I've found that my shopping the sales at other stores, I can buy those things cheaper than at the warehouse stores, too, and I don't have the yearly expense of a membership.

shayna82

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 12:23 pm
last year I did costco, this year I have sams club. they both change all the time. both have pros and cons. samsclub was $40 and costco was $50. that also may change.

also my friends and I take turns going to them, so we each get to use both
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics