Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Bathroom with mommy?

CS

Post Wed, Oct 13 2004, 12:06 am
What do you do when you have to go to the bathroom in public and you have boys with you? I am afraid to leave my kids out of the room - I'm so scared of them being taken it's ridiculous. My kids have finally been broken of the habit of walking in on me, but I don't know what else to do with them. My middle son is 4 and well beyond his years in interest and curiousity regarding mommy's bathroom habits. Any suggestions?

Yael

Post Wed, Oct 13 2004, 3:01 pm
I remember reading a book once where the father stayed home with his 3 year old daughter, and if he had to go to the bathroom in public he would tell her to stand just outside the door to the mens bathroom and sing loudly non-stop. as long as he could hear her he knew she was still there.
I've also once seen a 7-9 yr. old boy standing in the women's bathroom, just outside one of the stall doors. I was wondering what he doing in here until I saw the mother come out. that would probably be a good solution for you, as long as you can see his feet you know he's still there. and you can talk too.
when I have my kids in a stroller and there is no handicapped stall available, I have no choice but to leave the kids outside the stall door, and I'd talk to my son the whole time so he wouldnt be scared and I know they are still there. I wouldnt do this in a crowded bathroom, but if I'm the only one there, why not?

CS

Post Wed, Oct 13 2004, 6:30 pm
those are good ideas Yael. I was in a bathroom yesterday in a supermarket which only had one toilet in a room. Even if the kids were singing outside the door, I wouldn't hear them (large noisy room) and, it only takes seconds for someone to scoop up your kids - I guess I'm a little paranoid.

Tefila

Post Thu, Oct 14 2004, 3:21 pm
Depending on the age of my kids I would take them in with me sorry. After 4yr I would do what that dad did otherwise I would wait till to go to the washroom later. At age 7 I dont think you have to worry as much since you would have instilled in your child be weary of strangers

Motek

Post Thu, Oct 21 2004, 1:34 pm
CS - this doesn't answer your question, but I say, do whatever it takes not to have to go to a public bathroom! Never mind the question about the kids, it's YUCK!

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Oct 21 2004, 7:14 pm
but motek- sometimnes when nature calls, you gotta do what you gotta do- especialy when you're nine months preg- you cant run anywhere else...

Yael

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 3:19 pm
if I never used public bathrooms I would never leave my house when pregnant.

Nechama

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 4:47 pm
I take my kids in with me.
And if my son has to go to the bathroom, he goes to the ladies room too.
I have been known to yell into the men's room and stand outside the door and not let any men in until my son comes out.
(VERY scary story from southern California)
But my son(s) can face the door while with me in the stall.

After hearing the Oceanside CA story I would never leave my kids IN a bathroom without me OR outside waiting for me.
My boys are 3 and 5. But at what age would I let them wait outside?
I let my 13 year old. lol
With clear directions to SCREAM and run into the bathroom if anyone even walks toward them, I would let a 7/8 year old wait outside. And I would clear out and stand outside a bathroom before my sons went in up to age 10.

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 5:01 pm
On the bathroom issue, I was in wal mart the other day and I had to change my babies diaper- #2.....I walked into the mens bathroom accedentily but I didnt realize anything cuz they had a changing table there too, was I ever embareesed when a man walked in.... embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

Tovah

Post Thu, Dec 02 2004, 12:26 pm
maybe this sounds gross but I always take my daughter in with me I hold her in one hand and work around her if I'm alone, b/c I always have to go to the bathroom.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics