Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
PDA's good for RN's

Unique

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 4:51 pm
I need to get a PDA that's good for RN's in clinical's - can anyone recommend one - should I go with a smartphone like a blackberry or a standard PDA like a palm tx? TIA

cookielady

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 5:06 pm
I was trying to figure out why Public Displays of Affections were good for RNs. 8)

yikes!

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 5:59 pm
Cookie, when I saw "PDA" I was thinking along those same lines!

chaylizi

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 7:24 pm
does your facility have cell phone rules on the floors? can you put a smartphone in airplane mode? otherwise why have 2 hunks of metal to carry around, if you can do with only one?

mamacita

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 5:42 pm
Ok, glad I"m not the only one who still thinks that when I see PDA, lol. I"m not an RN but I am rather techy despite the giggle when I encounter PDA.

For me it was important to have a pocket PC (one that runs windows). This makes it easier to integrate with my computer's software programs (ie Outlook, notes going into Word, docs into Excel, etc). So you should make a list of programs, activities, features you'd need then find one that has as many of them as you can manage.

Something also to think about, battery life, memory size, extras like MP3 player, recording for lectures, notes, etc. Mine has the same extra memory card as my digi cam so I can dump pics onto it easily to view, store, email, etc. (disclosure, haven't used it since I became a S/WAHM in case you think it's weird I'd have one!)

chaylizi

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 7:50 pm
I have one more thing to add. most nursing applications that are available on pda are for either palm or windows platforms. I think there are less program options available for smartphone. incidentally, if you are looking for an awesome program. get a subscription to
Pepid RN. I literally don't need anything else.

Unique

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 8:00 pm
thanks. I am basically between a blackberry and palm tx. I just cant' decide if I want it in one unit - I am not very gung-ho re: radiation and cellphones so I don't know if I constantly want my phone on me on the untit.

chaylizi

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 9:02 pm
palm also makes a phone. I think it's called the treo. maybe I just made that up....

yedidya's mom

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 10:43 pm
my dh has a treo and he hates it. constantly breaks and the emails come in hours later..the ppl at verizon told him its the cheapest and worst phone so beware
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics