Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
LA - Fairfax La brea

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 3:22 pm
ok...

I need names of restaurants.... where to shop...for food... frum clothing...etc

I need to get something nice for my daughter for rosh hashana, and shabbos as most of our stuff is still in boxes...yuck!

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 3:24 pm
unpack silly ... way easier than shopping ...

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 4:01 pm
cannot completely unpack, house is still under construction...

bonitag1

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 4:04 pm
The obvious ones are:
Fish Grill 7226 Beverly Blvd. (yum)
La Brea Bagel 7308 Beverly Blvd. (ditto)
La Brea Market 410 N. La Brea
Sorry, I don't know about girls' dresses. If you can get ahold of a copy of Ads LA or Community Links they have all the frum store ads.
For clothes for you, you can try Ms. Irene on Robertson a couple of blocks south of Pico.
Hope that helps.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 4:18 pm
On Fairfax there is a grocery, Western Kosher, a little cheaper than La Brea Kosher.

As for girls clothing, there is Frankels 934-1712, Robes & more 788-9338, For Kids Only - on Fairfax.

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 4:31 pm
if the house is under construction where are you gonna put the new stuff ... won't it be the same ?

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 4:34 pm
greenfire wrote:
if the house is under construction where are you gonna put the new stuff ... won't it be the same ?

I just want to purchase one outfit, so she has something to wear on shabbos.. The adjustable waste band broke on her only shabbos skirt.. I have yet to find a fabric store etc....to fix it..

It's just easier u know?

mom2bsn

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 10:47 pm
On Beverly Blvd there is a clothing store called Ataras

starfish2

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 1:25 am
you can always call me you know Wink

myboys

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:13 am
For Kids Only - it's on Fairfax and has a great selection for children's clothing.

starfish2

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 4:46 pm
People have had some negative experiences with For Kids Only with customer service and returns. Shop carefully

dw_paprika

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 5:12 pm
hey, I can't believe I found this thread - - La Brea, Beverly... I'm beginning to feel back at home!

spinkles

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 7:17 pm
Pizza Mayven on La Brea--order the loaded nachos, yum

also Pizza World on Fairfax (www.kosherpizzaworld.com)

Restaurant-wise, you have a lot more options on Pico, so if you're looking for a date night kind of place, head over there.

For clothes, your best bet is, like other posters suggested, the people who sell out of their homes, and For Kids Only. But just so you know, there are also two malls that are only 3-5 minutes away from the frum neighborhood: The Grove, and Beverly Center. Does Loehmann's have kids' stuff? I can't remember, but there used to be one at Beverly Center that I used to shop at a lot. There also used to be an Old Navy across the street from Beverly Center. On Third, there used to be a Ross across from The Grove. All of these places require time and mazal, though, so probably you're better off just sticking with the frum places right now. Also, a disclaimer: I left L.A. years ago, so some of these stores may be gone.

(I doubt you're interested in this, but FYI there used to be several good thrift stores on Fairfax, where I found some great clothes. Frum people would give away their old stuff there, so I actually scored a beautiful sheva brachos suit in one of the stores, as well as cardigans, cotton blouses, and tzniusdik skirts.)

On La Brea and Third, there's a Ralphs (grocery store--somewhat overpriced), and a Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's has good deals on healthy food--good place to buy ww bread, quinoa, veggie "chicken" nuggets, etc. There are some fruit and vegetable stores on Fairfax (or there used to be) if you're looking for better prices on produce.

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Sep 12 2008, 12:51 am
chana_f wrote:

(I doubt you're interested in this, but FYI there used to be several good thrift stores on Fairfax, where I found some great clothes. Frum people would give away their old stuff there, so I actually scored a beautiful sheva brachos suit in one of the stores, as well as cardigans, cotton blouses, and tzniusdik skirts.)

why would I not be interested??? I was a single mom, and I am still trying to be thrifty with what little money I have...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating