Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Frum FLYbabies
Previous  1  2  3

Is your sink shiny?
Yes, of course!  
 39%  [ 23 ]
No, I don't do that part.  
 18%  [ 11 ]
No, I can't get it shiny..  
 13%  [ 8 ]
Huh?  
 27%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 58

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Nov 07 2005, 12:27 pm
Quote:
Try slipping your hands into a plastic bag(good also for answering the phone while cooking.)
hey, nice idea, but now I'll have to keep a stack of plastic bags/ gloves on the counter too LOL (just kidding, I do have a drawer or two to stuff them into. Very Happy

hadasa

Post Mon, Nov 07 2005, 12:43 pm
I have always had the reputation of being one of the messiest people on earth - from childhood at home (my father couldn't walk into my room to do Bedikas Chametz), through school (tests and homework and moldy sandwiches all squished together in my schoolbag), in Sem dorm (all my dirty laundry was in the space between my bed and the wall) and in my own home (dirty diapers strewn all over the floor). No matter what hisorerus or anyone else says - I bet you'd find it hard to top me. Flylady really helps me (ok, so does my cleaning lady) and I have dreams of someday being really neat and organised, but when I read some of these naturally neat people's posts......I can't imagine myself ever putting a plastic bag on my hand whenever I want a cup Rolling Eyes besides, how do you get the bags to stay clean if your hands are sticky?LOL

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Nov 07 2005, 1:18 pm
I assume those bags are to be used one time only, 'chad p'omi' as they call it in the land of tishrei guests.
Funny, I find that disposable ware makes more clutter in my kitchen than the dinnerware I was avoiding using mainly because of clutter Confused . And as chen says in another thread kids should be responsible enough to take their dishes to the sink. With disposable all they have to do is throw it out, but do they? Sad Mad

hadasa

Post Mon, Nov 07 2005, 4:00 pm
SaraYehudis wrote:
I assume those bags are to be used one time only, 'chad p'omi' as they call it in the land of tishrei guests.

Yes, but if you're having a hard time taking out one cup with sticky hands, how will you take one bag?

raizy

Post Mon, Nov 07 2005, 9:46 pm
sorry hissoroues if I offended u or anyone else I do the cleaning for a living . do u really think I would be cleaned up at 9:00 am if I didnt have five ladies knocking at my door.

I cant leave anything on my floor . a little baby can put something in its mouth before u relize.

and I major in chaos Procastination.. etc. I do have one trait in me . fastness so I can whip a tornadoe into shape in 30 mintetes.

and I was just giving some tips . on how to survive the mess.
and get this bc u are messy doesnt mean u are a bad person. . my best friend is the messiest person around and we are still friends.

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 12:52 pm
raizy, I agree... if I know anyone's coming over... I can clean up the whole place (okay, well it's just a small apt) in 30 minutes, too!

chen

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 12:41 pm
613 wrote:
why spend a half-hour cleaning the sink, when the rest of the house is a wreck?

Umm...procrastination? I always clean closets or demildew the shower when I am avoiding something even more unpleasant like filling out some sort of application.

Crayon210

Post Tue, Nov 22 2005, 1:41 am
The half hour cleaning the sink spreads out into the rest of your house. I don't know why, but it works. :-)

hisorerus

Post Tue, Nov 22 2005, 2:48 pm
You really have to read some of the testimonials. The system really changes people's lives.

Read this also- http://flylady.net/pages/TimeFLYs.asp#thing1

Crayon210

Post Tue, Nov 22 2005, 4:38 pm
It has really changed my life... :-)

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 7:40 am
613 wrote:
raizy, I agree... if I know anyone's coming over... I can clean up the whole place (okay, well it's just a small apt) in 30 minutes, too!

I have the same issue, as I work from home and I never know when people are coming over. It is difficult to have the house clean by 9am everyday!

realeez

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 6:18 pm
hadasa, I think we would be great friends! I thought I was reading my life story! I remember when I got my bro's room when he was in eretz yisrael and he surprised us by coming home early! I think when he saw the floor of his room he was the most surprised!
I think I'm getting better - I guess I have no choice with ka"h 3 little ones but I always wish I could be "naturally neat" - I thought that was my term!!! Smile

hadasa

Post Mon, Nov 28 2005, 3:47 pm
You see, just like naturally thin people don't understand how hard it is for others to lose weight, naturally neat people don't understand why it's hard for us to keep the house neat.

realeez

Post Mon, Nov 28 2005, 7:07 pm
or even naturally messy people who are not married and or don't have kids. I had someone giving me "tips" - like the second your child takes out a toy put it away - great idea but with ka"h 2 little ones at the time - not very practical.

chen

Post Mon, Nov 28 2005, 7:08 pm
hadasa wrote:
You see, just like naturally thin people don't understand how hard it is for others to lose weight, naturally neat people don't understand why it's hard for us to keep the house neat.

wow, great analogy! what an eye-opener!

hisorerus

Post Mon, Nov 28 2005, 7:55 pm
FlyLady is in a way more like an "overcoming perfectionism" guide than anything else. And perfectionism is often the reason why I never get anything done. That and getting sidetracked (a related problem which is also addressed).

hisorerus

Post Mon, Nov 28 2005, 8:10 pm
I can't say I'm "flying" or even really "fluttering," but what has FlyLady done for me? Now, instead of daydreaming of a spotless mansion, my daydream features my own home. IY"H one day...

Crayon210

Post Mon, Nov 28 2005, 9:06 pm
A good thing to start with is the routines. I have routines that I never would have dreamed of doing a few months ago, but are now very simple.

The overcoming perfectionism is very important. This past Friday, I had half an hour until Shabbos and realized I wouldn't finish all the foods I wanted to cook, and that I wouldn't be able to wash all my dishes and get all the groceries away...I still felt very good about my house this Shabbos. My husband was very surprised, impressed, and pleased with my calmness.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics