Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you use vacuum storage bags to save space?

GAMZu

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 10:41 am
I have been overhauling all the kids' seasonal clothes, checking my inventory of bay clothes, etc... and realized that I would have saved so much space if I used those bags that you vacuum to make it nearly flat.

Does anyone use them? Which brands are good?
And how easy is it to open and reseal them? Or are they one-time-use and you can't reseal after opening? I just have all these humongous storage boxes around the entire house, and they're not even enough. Rolling Eyes

zigi

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 10:49 am
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....46053

this is a link about space bags. I really need to get some. I wish that they didn't need a vacume to close them with, I don't have carpet. so my vacume is broken and I don't have a hose.

pple wrote that the bags tend to pop open so if you smush them in a space they won't open up. they should be reusable.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 11:03 am
Thanks for the link!

So does anyone have any brands to recommend? I don't want to get a cheap imitation that won't work and be a waste of money.

NativeMom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 11:22 am
we used them when we moved and they were absolutely amazing! I keep all my old maternity clothes in them now they're great. I don't remember the brand we used but I know we did get them at Bed Bath and Beyond.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 12:42 pm
I ordered Space Bags online. They are great and really do save you 1/2 the space if not more. They are definitely reusable. The only downside is that you need a vaccum hose to suck out the air. Since I never use a vaccum, I took my mother's old vaccuum cleaner for the space bags and now I need place to store the vacuum. But it's still worth it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics