Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Train cake

supermom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 3:46 pm
I saw on the internet someone made a train for their sons upsherin of a train with mitzvos on the top. I tried googling it but nothing came up. Unless someone has some ideas? They had on the train the three brochos that people give. Torah, chuppah, and good deeds. If anyone have good ideas please post.

I thought about just making a bunch of chocolate torahs and stick it on one train? And a chuppah with some white doves around the chuppah but no one underneath?

Also a if anyone has a good frosting recipe that would be great.

Thanks.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 3:49 pm
I just saw one on facebook. It was a few chunks of seven layer cake (so there's the height you need plus it's frosted). they made chocoalte alef beis using molds & stuck them on the sides. Not sure how they made the caboose.

supermom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 3:51 pm
You think you can post the picture here?

YALT

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 3:57 pm
Here's the link to the one I made.
It's the dif. stages of life:
0-1: Newborn (bris milah, pidyon haben)
3: Upsherin
13: Bar Mitzvah
18: Chuppah
65: Retirement

if you're interested in spending so much time on it, and you want more details, let me know.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....rt=20

supermom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 4:01 pm
Wow that is an amazing one but a lot of work. I think I would just do the three broches. As for the front of the train how did you make it?

YALT

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 4:11 pm
I made a bunch of loaf pans of cake for the train. (I made a batch of choc. cake and a batch of white cake, so that those who preferred one ofver the other had that option)
One loaf I cut up into all the extra pieces.
So first I put down a loaf of cake. Then I took another loaf pan, and cut it into a tube with a can with both ends opened (I think - it was over a year ago!) Put that laying down on top. Put a rectangular cube behind it for the drivers area.
Covered it all in icing.
Took a flat-bottomed ice cream cone, covered it in chocolate and filled it with some leftover rice krispies treats (just to give it some weight and a place to attach the smoke)
Threaded the colorful twisted marshmallows on a stretched open paperclip. Attached the end into the smoke stack.
Used choc. sandwich cookies for the wheels.
Printed a picture of boy on paper and stuck it on the window part.
His name was shaped out of either fondant or marzipan (don't remember, but they'll both do the same.)

Have fun!
Please post pictures after!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics