Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shaitel suggestions?

yaminsmom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 9:52 pm
I am a shaitel macher in a medium sized "outta town" community and in addition to styling I have started selling shaitels and being that I rarely wear a shaitel ( I find them to be very uncomfortable so I usualy wear pretied bandanas or scarves) I am curious as to which brands and styles ( pony vs headband fall vs long, short, european hair, human hair) are most popular as well as which price ranges do people look for when buying a shaitel. I am a VERY honest business woman (maybe even too honest) and I want to know YOUR opinion! please any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanx!

OldYoung

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 10:01 pm
I love a great cut, and I think my macher usually cuts for free when you buy a new wig from her, which is really special.

I will not spend more than $2000 on a wig. I also like having the option of buying a nice, cheaper shaitel for every day so that I don't feel bad when the baby pulls some hair out, messes it up a little, etc.

Personally, I wear long, multi-directional, European shaitels. Color is ashy-brown, if it makes a dif. I don't like the look of pony wigs, but that's just personal. I like band/hat falls.

yaminsmom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 10:08 pm
thanx for the info. seems liek a lot of ppl spend more when it comes to shaitels. and also when buying a shaitel would u rather the shaitel macher include the cut and the head and the box with the cost of the shaitel or would u rather have to pay extra for it? for example would u rather a shaitel be 2000 and include everything or would u rather pay 17 and then be charge an extra 300 for the cut and the box and the head???

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 10:26 pm
The top brands are shevy's, shuly's, freeda's, blush's... I think the part that matters most to me is that the company will back up the wig if there is a problem for a certain amount of time after you purchase it.

As for price, I like to have e/t included in one big price, I think it's a psychological thing. When ur told u have to pay $ for this, and $ for that, u feel so inundated by a bunch of expenses and it feels like ur spending more.

Good luck!

yaminsmom

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 8:27 am
are they the top bc their comfortable ? do they staynd behind thier work? or are they top bc they are the most expensive??

BusyBeeMommy

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 4:08 pm
I don't know abt Blush's and Freeda's but I know for sure that Shevy's and Shuly's stand behind their work. Shevy for a year, Shuly I think also. That includes color and knotting. They are very comfortable, stretch caps and all. And yes, they are the most expensive brands but they have a few levels - machine sewn caps, stretch caps, etc. I don;t think the cheaper companies stand behind their products. Milano told me they will back it for, I think 3 months if it's not cut. Thank you very much - how is one supposed to know if there is a problem w/ a wig if they can't wear it?? If it's not cut you can't wear it...

MRS.Mentsch

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 5:31 pm
What price range are the Blush shaitels in? I just looked on their website, and they seem to be stunning, anyone have one? What do you think of them?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics