Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Getting ot of bed

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 12:11 am
This is prob the wrong forum for this but ---

I need tips on how to get up and get out of bed! I always hear my alarm but I usually press snooze atleast 3 times and then just go back to sleep and dont wake up til 9 30!

I need some tips, other than, go to sleep earlier.

mimivan

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 12:15 am
This may be tough medicine, but find an old fashioned tinny bell alarm clock without the snooze. Then you will be forced to get up.

My dh sets the alarm from his cell phone and gets up immediately. When he takes his cell phone to go daven, he is gone, and I can't rely on a snooze. That's what gets me up. Wink

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 12:17 am
Put the alarm clock across the room so you have to get out of bed to shut it off. Once you do that, you might as well stay up, no?

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 12:32 am
lol, that never works. I always get up to go to the bathroom like at 6 and I shud really just stay up but I never do! I go right back to bed!

grin

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 1:47 am
2 or 3 alarm clocks, all set at different times and placed all over the room (or house)?

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 2:32 am
RivkiA wrote:
This is prob the wrong forum for this but ---

I need tips on how to get up and get out of bed! I always hear my alarm but I usually press snooze atleast 3 times and then just go back to sleep and dont wake up til 9 30!

I need some tips, other than, go to sleep earlier.

Well since you stay up till 3-4:00 am anyway, how about not going to sleep at all? then you'll have no problem waking up! Wink

Seriously, if you dont work out of the house, and dont have to be up early for any reason, then whats the problem with waking up 9:30? especially if you go to sleep so late!

drumjj

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 2:34 am
sometimes I wish I didnt have to get out of bed so early. I usually get up when my hub goes to shacharis.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 7:07 am
Like Mrs.XYZ said, if you don't have to get up then, then don't. If you really want to, then you just have to put your mind to it and GET UP!!!!!!

bebe3

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 9:08 am
I'm with the whats wrong with 9:30 crowd. If thats when your body wants you to wake up, think back to when you went to sleep and thats prob the amount of sleep you need. Just keep that in mind.

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 9:29 am
they have kool alarm clocks that set off spinning devices and unless you catch them and put the puzzle back together - it won't shut up ...

as for me I've just been accused of snuggling ... she gets in my bed for a hug and claims I snuggle her back to sleep instead of waking her up ... lately I just wanna sleep and sleep and sleep ... but my body usually wakes up around 6:30 am or with the birds ...

greentiger

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 9:56 am
I tried this and it is the most effective:

For 5 days straight you need to STAND UP as soon as you hear your alarm. No rolling over, no "one more minute"s, the second you are out of you bed and the blanket is straightened it loses most of its appeal. Do this for JUST 5 days and you will start climbing out of bed BEFORE you have time to open your eyes -guaranteed. It was a great habit for school years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics