Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Makeup?

SparkleMom

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 5:20 am
How does one know which kind of makeup to wear?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 5:26 am
Depends on your taste, your husband's taste since you're married Wink , what is accepted or not in your circles, and what makes you look as good or better (some women make themselves ugly just to follow fashion). Smile

But in fact, you don't even have to. My mother NEVER wears it, didn't wear it for her own wedding, and still she looks a good 10 years younger than she is.

Raisin

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 5:41 am
get a makeover.

Lady Godiva

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 9:41 am
Go to a professional makeup artist to get matched up with makeup to suit you. You can also go to a cosmetics counter in a department store and get help there. Bare in mind though, that at the cosmetics counters, the girl or guy there is a sales representative and will try to get you to buy more than you may actually need.
If you have a more specific question about what type of makeup to wear, I'd be glad to answer it. You can pm me or ask here...
Good luck.

qtwife

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 5:26 pm
I love Sephora! They have tons of makeup.Plus you get to try everything on over there or you can have somebody apply it for you.

yikes!

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 5:42 pm
I love Chanel's foundation. Way pricey but doesn't have that "cakey" look!

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 6:43 pm
prescriptives foundation is good. and they will help you find the right shade for your skin.

square_peg

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 7:01 pm
Right now I'm using Too Faced Foundation. Awesomeness!

waterbottle

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 7:26 pm
Estee Lauder - it's a Jewish company

Maya

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 7:43 pm
qtwife wrote:
I love Sephora! They have tons of makeup.Plus you get to try everything on over there or you can have somebody apply it for you.

I sometimes do that, but I found that they don't carry all the colors of all the brands. I was once looking at Bare Minerals eye shadow; they only had about 20 colors, while the brand's boutique showed me at least 100 colors.

yaminsmom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 10:10 pm
I love avon! checkout www.youravon.com/rjankowitz the prices are amazing! the quality is realy good (im a makeup artist so take it from me)

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 10:25 pm
Yeah, get a makeover and only buy a few key items. Many times besides trying to sell you everything under the sun, in their efforts to make you over, they can make you clown-like. I know very few people who actually walk around all made up every day.

I would suggest you tell the professionals on this board (def. not me Smile ) what you're looking for. What's your coloring, your skin type, your style - funky, more natural and then maybe they can help you.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 10:15 pm
I have a virtual makeover on my website. You can upload a photo of yourself (wear a snood or tie back your shaitel) and the computer looks at your skin tone, eye color, face shape, etc, and puts the recommended colors on you (and does your hair too--- it's too funny).

If you want to play with it, pm me for the website.

citygirl

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 2:10 pm
The first time I went to buy makeup I went to the Lancome counter in Lord and Taylor told her its my first time and what she would recommend she gave me the basics-base, blush.... and since then I basically stick to that but change things according to season. I love Lancome since I get all the freebies.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 2:14 pm
I went to m&h when they were still around and had one person do my face. She played around until she found the perfect make up for my face. I did not change the foundation, blush...since because it is great for my face.

NativeMom

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 2:18 pm
qtwife wrote:

I love sephora too. My MIL bought me this whole trial kit from sephora because she knows I love makeup and I take it everywhere with me.
Also, I absolutely love MAC. I love their products and they also apply make up for you there. I go there all the time before simchas.
Clinique is great as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics