Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Want to get out of the dowdy rut & don't know where to s
Previous  1  2

daamom

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 12:16 pm
That is absolutely true - I think an older woman dressing like a teen is a pitiful sight.

There are kids that are more style-savvy, and there are quite a number of ways to look more updated without reverting to your high school years...

Just suit the tips to your own needs.

spinkles

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 8:44 pm
Hi Green! Very Happy I suggested black and navy skirts because she said she doesn't have a lot of money to spend. It's cheaper to get basic skirts that you can wear more often, and just switch around your tops.

ruth

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 3:11 am
hi everyone, OP here. Thanks for the responses.

Regarding the propriatry of my dd's comments, I understand why some are concerned. Please know that while at times I do have a "chutzpah" issue with dd, her comments were made respectfully. I was making light of the issue by attributing it to dd reaching adolescence. Why do people assume she (or I Exclamation Question ) want to dress me as a teen?

To answer those of you who questioned why one would dress for someone else -- the menachel's rebbetizin of my dd's school spoke to me about how it is important for us to look nice (not only for our husbands, but so our dd's see that to be frum and tzniua, one neededn't be frumpy.) Also, on her father's side, A'H she has non-frum relatives who are/have been involved with the fashion world ....

Personally, I'm a little lazy about this issue. I have been aware of my deficiencies and lack a lot of motivation since I have bigger fish to fry right now. But this reminds me of a book I got years ago, "Living a Charmed Life." The author writes about how important it is not to allow a serious problem to take over your entire life. In the book she gives suggestions how to add charm and beauty in small modest ways.

Putting a slip cover over a old couch can sometimes uplift the mood of the entire household. Wink So I think I am going to start with a new lip color and mascara and wear jewlery more regularly.... get ready ladies and clear the cat-walk Smile

daamom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 3:13 am
Enjoy!

Motek

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 3:00 pm
ruth wrote:
the menachel's rebbetizin of my dd's school spoke to me about how it is important for us to look nice (not only for our husbands, but so our dd's see that to be frum and tzniua, one neededn't be frumpy.)

I'm curious about why she said this to you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics