Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Cute!

timeout

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 7:27 am
MONA LISA'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"After all that money your father and I spent on braces, that's the
biggest smile you can give us?"

COLUMBUS' JEWISH MOTHER:
"I don't care what you've discovered, you still could have written!"

MICHELANGELO'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"Can't you paint on walls like other children? Do you have any idea how
hard it is to get that stuff off the ceiling?"

NAPOLEON'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"All right, if you aren't hiding your report card inside your jacket,
take your hand out of there and show me."

ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"Again with the hat? Can't you just wear a baseball cap like the other kids?"

GEORGE WASHINGTON'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"The next time I catch you throwing money across the Potomac, you can kiss
your allowance good-bye!"

THOMAS EDISON'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"Of course I'm proud that you invented the electric light bulb. Now turn it off and get to bed!"

PAUL REVERE'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"I don't care where you think you have to go, young man, midnight is past your curfew."

And, of course, these two, who really did have Jewish mothers:

ALBERT EINSTEIN'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"But it's your senior picture. Couldn't you do something about your hair?"

MOSES' JEWISH MOTHER:
"That's a nice story. Now tell me where you've REALLY been for the last forty years."

proudmom

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 7:29 am
thanks for sharing

willow

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 7:31 am
I love love love it!

technic

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 7:44 am
me 2 Wink

Pearl

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 7:45 am
ROFL!!!!!!!

lucky

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 10:46 am
If this was already posted...I beg your pardon.

Mom's Laundry Rules
1. Pajamas - Do not put pajamas in the dirty clothes after only one wear. It is a scientific fact that you do not get dirty while you sleep. Pajamas can be worn many times before they smell bad enough to warrant being thrown in the dirty clothes. Exception: You may put pajamas in the dirty clothes if you throw up on them or something else that may be deemed disgusting, but only if they stink.
2. Socks - Unroll your socks before putting them in the dirty clothes. Otherwise, I will start washing and drying them in their original rolled up little balls. Special note: Unroll socks before throwing them down the laundry chute. If you don't, the law of physics causes them to bounce off the washer and land behind the washer or drying, and Mom is getting too old to crawl back there and fish them out.
3. Clothes Hung Up - Clean clothes can be easily removed from the clothes bar by gently lifting up on the hanger and pulling towards you. The clean item can now be removed from the hanger for wearing. The wrong way to remove clean clothes is to YANK on one corner of the garment. This causes the hanger to go flying around the clothes bar, scratching the wall and becoming impossibly entangled with the neighboring hangers. Special note: This makes Mom want to choke children. So far, she has been able to refrain from this action.
4. Dirty Clothes Rule - If you have made the decision to put something in the dirty clothes, do not later decide that you, for some reason, now need to retrieve it by digging through the clothes baskets, leaving behind a mess that looks like a small tornado whipped through the laundry room, leaving a scene of devastation in its wake. Special note: The only thing worse than having to put stinking clothes in the laundry baskets is having to do it over and over and over.
5. Pockets - Check your own pockets before you put dirty items (again, make sure they are dirty first) in the laundry room. Have you ever tried to pick tiny pieces of white paper off an entire load of dark clothes? No? I thought not! But the next time this occurs, you will have the pleasure of this experience. Special note: In the future, all money found in pockets becomes the property of the laundry-doer, and that most assuredly will be Mom, who hopes to be able to save up for a Caribbean cruise, which she will go on alone. She has heard that you don't have to do laundry while you are on a cruise!
6. Folded Clothes Rule - When those clean clothes miraculously appear on your bed or chair, graciously thank the saintly person who lovingly placed them there and PUT THEM AWAY! Special note: Failure to do this in the future will result in a generous contribution to the Goodwill.
7. General Dirty Clothes Rule - If they aren't dirty, why the heck are they in the laundry room? Put them back in your closet or drawers. When you decide to try something on and decide that it will not make the fashion statement you were looking for that particular day, think twice before you make that conscious decision that it is easier to throw the item in the dirty clothes rather than hanging it back up. Again, the Goodwill would love to have these items, as their fashion standards must not be as high as yours.
8. Laundry Sharing - In the future, each of you will be required to do one load of laundry a week. Instructions will be provided. Mom feels that the joy of this household chore should be shared, and she has been very selfish about this in the past. She also feels that this is a necessary life skill, and without it, you may not ever want to leave home. This would not be in the best interest of your parents.
Note - Rules may be added or modified at any time by Mom.

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 1:05 pm
Rolling Laughter

chen

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 4:17 pm
Gasp! choke! koff-koff! That post should have had a warning note:"Do not read while drinking unless you like coca-cola going up your nose!" LOL LOL LOL

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 10:51 pm
Pearl wrote:
ROFL!!!!!!!

DITTO LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics