Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Therapist for parents who Walk on eggshells with kids

amother

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 3:01 pm
DH says that if we don't (specifically with one teen) it'll be worse. I feel our fear of kids reacting negatively to anything we say or do is getting out of hand. DH says ignore everything. When DH does speak up, they answer Chutzpahdik. We need a really good therapist really fast.

Some therapists live by the "Be Nice" rule, and I certainly don't have to be shown how to do that. I need a successful therapist in Brooklyn who can teach us how to firm up w/o kids noticing it.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 11:59 am
I would adivse for a good conversation with the kids. Is something bothering them home? school? is it just teens hormones? if yes, they should do a little effort for the peace of the house, etc.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 12:27 pm
usually when its like that its the parents parenting that is at fault so good for you for seeking help.

goodluck finding a good therapist. many times teens are that way from unhappyness in thier childhood and when they are teens they let it all out. or, poor parenting from the parents and they want to see how far they can go becfause kids need limits with LOVE. and they need to KNOW and HEAR they are loved too, so sometimes thats what they want and they push bottons to try and get that, although of course it doesnt help and parents dont realize thats what they are dying for.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children