Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why are diaper bag soooo expensive? I want this one!
Previous  1  2

Lady Godiva

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 1:00 pm
I barely ever use diaper bags. I usually just put whatever I need in a Ziplock bag in my oversized bag. Then again I barely ever leave the house with diapers and wipes.

pinkbubbles

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 1:04 pm
Yeah I was crazy about the cool features. And its MACHINE WASHABLE! Horray!!

I probably won't even budget this into my baby list, but maybe for the future when I'm rich Very Happy

chaylizi

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 1:09 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
I cant justify PURCHASING a diaper bag when our hospital gives them out for free!!

(can you tell im a cheapskate?) embarrassed

with my last baby, the hospital wouldn't give me a diaper bag b/c I was breastfeeding. it's part of some certification called "baby friendly" or something like that. giving out formula samples is apparently one of their no-no's. I need a diaper bag that has room for two sets of diapers. I looked at the ju-ju-be & sighed. then I went on ebay to see if I can get a skip hop double diaper bag for cheap. currently I am using a diaper clutch. it fits 3 diapers, a wipes case & my phone & some cards (license, debit card...) I have a baggie in each stroller with a change of clothes. I love it & bring it everywhere, but I think I will have to be retiring it temporarily.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 1:41 pm
Both of the diaper bags I purchased cost less than $30. One was from my older kid, and in between kids I used it as a gym bag. It still looks great. I use both of them, as well as the free one I got from the hospital. We use the free one most of the time.

I can't imagine spending a lot of money on a diaper bag, when almost any bag will do, including non-diaper ones. I saw an adorable one for $19 at Staples. It's a bookbag with loads of pockets and compartments.

GAMZu

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 5:57 pm
I have a diaper bag that looks like a large handbag. I clip it onto the stroller and there it stays. I needed a specific type. I had my wallet stolen from my previous bag because it didn't have any zipper compartments. Now I got something with one zipper compartment within another. I also need enough space to keep the camera, extra batteries, sunhats, some extra ponyholders for my little one, a pack of wipes, antibacterial wipes or gel, a snack or 2, etc.
I like my bag because it has 3 separate full size compartments and I can organize things very well.

Although I don't like that it uses velcro on 2 of the main sections and that the handle is too small to hang over the stroller bar. I figured out an alternative, so it's OK.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 6:00 pm
I never use a diaper bag. How bad am I? I like the one the hospital gave actually and used it sometimes if needed.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 10:03 pm
ChayaLizi, the Skip Hop Duo Double I also tried on ebay, but it was going for as much as I found on mystrollers.com on closeout...only time I bought a diaper bag -- I didn't need for 2 kids, but I need it for 3 (2 diapered ones, and one with a change of clothes just in case)...it's too big to use as a regular diaper bag but I use it when eating out on Shabbos or whatever....I've even used it as a duffle bag for overnight trips. The formula bags I got minus the formula (threw out in the hospital) but they don't last long. I actually have an old Medela diaper bag that I use when I don't need a big one. And for $10 I got a Skip Hop saddlebag which I use when just running quick errands and it fits more than it seems.

sky

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 1:07 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
I cant justify PURCHASING a diaper bag when our hospital gives them out for free!!

(can you tell im a cheapskate?) embarrassed

Yup! Thats the bag my kids take to the babysitter for 2 years.

And when I'm out and about. Who needs a diaper bag. I stuff 1 diaper (hope it will fit either kid) in my pocket book and hope that were ever I am there will be water and tissues (I sometimes pack a travel pack of wipes when I remember.

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 2:01 pm
I never either bought a diaper bag. I have a few on-clearance handbags from Old Navy or Target and stuff my cargo in.

Thank G-d I only nurse, carrying around bottles of formula looks like a real pain.
I guess that's what all those organizer pockets are for.

Ilovechoumous

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 2:16 pm
I was curious, so I clicked the link, and I recognize that pattern. that fabric is from amy butler's lotus line. that pattern is called lacework.
a yard of that costs about 8$.

have you heard of etsy.com? its a place where people make arts and crafts from their homes and sell it online. if you do a search of amy butler lacework diaper bag (or a combo of those search words) you will come up with a lot of amazing stores.
you can also make special requests from different sellers, to use the lacework pattern.

who needs huge retailers anymore when we have sahm's that love making these things.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics