Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Ants ewwwwwwww!
Previous  1  2

1stimer

Post Sat, Nov 19 2005, 1:58 pm
We had loads of them in the summer, but they seem to have gone now that its winter. Does that make sense?

mommy2

Post Sat, Nov 19 2005, 8:53 pm
yes, but they'll be back!!

baby's mom

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 11:40 am
more ants today..yes, they come back, Exploding anger

1stimer

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 3:10 pm
Ever heard the phrase 'don't talk too quickly'... Twisted Evil

baby's mom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 4:09 pm
Today my biggest nightmare occured. I woke up...and there were ants in the dining room and in my KITCHEN!! in 2 cabinets...ewwww! I called my landlord asking her to come and spray the chemicals today and she replied: "well, its raining and I wont do it in the rain!!" Not because its not effective, but b/c she doesnt want to get her hair messed up (shes didn't say that part) shock shock shock
Hello, lady, tomorrow there will be more!! and then Shabbos...I cant do a thing on Shabbos, not even trap them!! What a nightmare!!!! Thank G-d theyre wiped off now, but I find one or two scouting...I'm ichy writing this.. Crying Thanks for letting me vent...

red sea

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 4:51 pm
My exterminator doesn't do it in the rain because it washes away much faster & is less effective for the outside perimeter.

In the meantime, I usually sprinkle a line of cinnamon to block the ants from coming in. It does very nicely til the exterminator shows up.

baby's mom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 6:45 pm
Rain can wash away the cinnamon if it can wash away the chemicals. Also its not wet all around the perimeter, some parts are covered.

My landlord refused to do it for personal reasons. Twisted Evil

red sea

Post Thu, Dec 01 2005, 7:49 pm
Well that's a pretty bad landlord then, but at least try to keep them out yourself til she does send an exterminator. I also get all itchy and can't stand ants. I won't even go into the kitchen if I have unwanted "company"

1stimer

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 1:09 pm
Quote:
Well that's a pretty bad landlord then,

hmm... you're lucky your landlord will do it. Here if you want an exterminator you call them and pay for them yourself.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics