Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Do you work better under pressure?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 11:39 am
I put it here, but really I'm asking generally with life.

I went to a store today and I felt that the guy was overwhelmed with answering the phone, taking care of a salesman and helping me. He does not work well under pressure. I on the otherhand, used to work in retail and I liked when we had too many people at once. It was more exciting! Also at home, I tend to do a lot of last minute. Except for the cleaning, because since I don't like to clean Exploding anger , I get it out of the way.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 11:41 am
Totally. Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed if it is really too many things going on. But for the most part, if I have a deadline, I usually make it. That's one of the reasons why, I think, I would not be able to handle online college. I need a teacher pressuring me to finish the work. If I have three hours to make supper or an hour, I will get the same things done.

zigi

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 11:49 am
I like having deadlines. I apriciate downtime more. like the kids have to be ready to go by 8;45 and I have to be home by a certain time.

Aribenj

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 4:41 pm
I'm a procrastinator. So fortunately I do work well under pressure.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 5:36 pm
Aribenj wrote:

Me too. Sometimes it doesn't work out so well though. embarrassed

octopus

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 5:37 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Aribenj wrote:

hey, me too!

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 5:38 pm
yes!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 5:55 pm
Aribenj wrote:

same here. fpr example Iv been known to start making shabbes on friday afternoon, including making challes

supermama2

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 6:05 pm
Do I work better under pressure? It depends on my MOOD Twisted Evil

Wink

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 9:04 pm
I only work under pressure. If I have no pressure, I hammock away my day.

mom23

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 10:13 pm
I guess I'll be the odd man out. I in no way, shape or form work better under pressure! Pressure to me makes me anxious and short with people.

Knowing this about myself has caused me to be very proactive in trying to be organized and on top of things. Being a wife and mother definitely has its shares of pressurized moments that can't be helped, but if I know something is going to be stressful - I plan way in advance and make sure I have as much as possible under control.

You ladies should definitely think of working well under pressure as a bracha! And so should your families!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 10:15 pm
I'm more chilled out and work better before the pressure arrives. I don't loose it though when there is pressure.

mimivan

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 10:20 pm
I work better under kidless pressure...when they are asleep or at gan
but when the kids are around, I am terrible working under pressure. And I can not be a good mom under pressure. That's why I either have to do things when they are asleep or lower my standards.

yOungM0mmy

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 9:33 am
Rutabaga wrote:
Aribenj wrote:

Absolutely! I'm called the Queen of Procrastinators, so TG when I do have to get something done, I can get it done pretty well and pretty quickly! And cleaning I do best when I'm either really annoyed or stressed. I move fast, scrub hard... I should get annoyed more often Wink

manhattanmom

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 9:34 am
Definitely yes!

Fabulous

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 9:36 am
[quote="yOungM0mmy

Absolutely! I'm called the Queen of Procrastinators, so TG when I do have to get something done, I can get it done pretty well and pretty quickly! And cleaning I do best when I'm either really annoyed or stressed. I move fast, scrub hard... I should get annoyed more often Wink[/quote]

Totally! Me too! But it helps calm me down to give out all that nervous and angry energy on the cleaning rather than dh.

goodheart

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 9:46 am
I can not work with pressure I like to work at night when everyone is sleeping
so no one can bother me .

zigi

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 9:53 am
omg so true fabulous, dd was throwing a temper tantrum and I had enough! I got a really clean stove!

for major things I like the kids busy or asleep. dh sometimes takes them out of the house so I can get something done. if they are going to be around. I do relax my standards, things are going to take longer and I might not be able to accomplish a very long list.

I love it when the kids are asleep! if I can't sleep at night I get up and clean.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 9:53 am
I'm not going to change it, but I should have written, do you work well under pressure, not better. Oh, well, what's done is done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics