Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help!!!!!!!!!!! My cleaning woman left me!!!!!!!!!!

happyone

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 5:06 pm
losing it!! My cleaning girl just left me in the most hectic time in my life. no notice... nothing! I bet someone offered her an additional 50 cents.
After I spent months training her in and teaching her the language!
It's unreal what chutzpa ppl have. It's all about being the highest bidder. No one bothers thinking what they do to the previous employers.

Crying

MMEC123

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 7:20 pm
Oy. In Monsey around Succos time there was a string of articles going back & forth in the community advertiser about this type of issue. But I wonder, the women who "lost" their cleaning lady- did they ever think of this scenario: I was new to a city & did not know the "going rate" for cleaning help. I just knew that "back home" my mother paid $X. So when I called a name I got and asked how much she charged and she said $X, I took her & paid it to her. Then this whole "scandal" broke out calling us horrible names, and I had NO IDEA I could've bargained her down for less. And I certainly had no idea I stole her from someone else. I didn't lure her away, she named her own price. No offense but she's gotta make a living somehow so if she ups her price to new customers and then decides to stick with them, you can't blame the new customers!!! Until all the articles and complaints I had no clue I was stealing someone's maid! I would never intentionally do that to someone. (Ok, if someone purposely did it to you, I guess it's not the nicest) But don't go and blame other people because your maid needs more money (or CAN earn more).

red sea

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 7:26 pm
Those are the breaks - it's part of the cleaning lady scenario. Just take a deep breath and say - on to the next one Sad

chen

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 7:51 pm
happyone wrote:
losing it!! My cleaning girl just left me in the most hectic time in my life. no notice... nothing! I bet someone offered her an additional 50 cents.
After I spent months training her in and teaching her the language!
It's unreal what chutzpa ppl have. It's all about being the highest bidder. No one bothers thinking what they do to the previous employers.

Crying

I understand your distress, but it's hardly a chutzpah--she was neither an indentured servant nor a slave, but an outside contractor doing work in your home. Market rules apply. If someone offered her an extra 50 cents, then you have the option of offering an extra 75. You can hardly blame a person for going where the money is.

Chances are, this woman is supporting herself and several children, plus sending money back to her family in the old country. An extra 50 cents may not mean much to you, but to her it may mean the difference between having and not having enough milk for the kids.

Training new personnel and losing them as soon as they become productive is a risk all employers run when they hire someone new. It makes no difference if they are hiring a teacher, tailor, commodities trader or domestic worker (the currently politically correct term for "cleaning lady").

I agree, though, that leaving without notice is a rotten thing to do. (Do you know in fact that she left and did not get sick or deported?)

queen

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 8:51 pm
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

raizy

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 9:59 pm
pay more next time! I pay more orginally and so I dont seem to have this problem I have my clady for 4 yrs but after a while they seem to slack off a bit.. its good to change every few yrs...

chevymum

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 10:47 pm
I know down here it is getting harder and harder to find reliable and reasonable ladies.... that really Clean your house... I lost mine during the summer and have not found a replacement....

I also heard that after around 6 months cleaners get comfortable with a home and know what you use and what you do not use ... so the start skimming around the edges..... so I was told to change every 6 months or at least complain to the cleaner every 6 months....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics