Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Carseat to sleep

Tovah

Post Mon, Apr 11 2005, 8:47 pm
is it bad if my baby sleep's in his car seat at night? that's the only way he'll sleep. do I need to be worried c''v of sids?

Rivk

Post Mon, Apr 11 2005, 8:53 pm
Both of my babies slept in their car seats for the first three - four months. They were not comfortable anywhere else. According to my doctor it's perfectly fine. Just switch them out before they get too old or it might be really tough to get them to sleep in a crib.

stem

Post Mon, Apr 11 2005, 8:55 pm
My kids also slept in their car seats till they were about 3 months. I transfered them into a crib when they got too big and fidgety.
With my second my pedeatrician did mention that it's not recommended because the baby's head might slump forward, but I personally think it's just fine.

Henya

Post Mon, Apr 11 2005, 9:27 pm
when I had my daughter, we bought a nice, frilly bassinet. My daughter screamed in it. The only place she fell asleep was in her carseat! I asked my midwife about it, & she said, it's very similar to the womb where they're curled up so it makes sense that she likes it better than the bassinet & that it's fine if she sleeps in it. Eventually when the baby gets a touch older & not so curled up, they will be comfortable sleeping in a bed/bassinet.

Tefila

Post Mon, Apr 11 2005, 9:37 pm
For my twins we also had these 2 frilly bassinets a waste of money aside from making my room look cute Rolling Eyes They slept the first 3 mnths in their fisherprice bouncers that grow w/h your child. I liked it better then the hard stiff back of the car seat. Plus it has vibrations, music, mobile and worked well when I had to prop bottles if I was by myself.
By the time they were ready to sleep in the bassinets though, they were too big for it. So now I put them straight into a crib. So b/4 you all spend money on buying these bassinets be practical how long and if they will even sleep in them.

avigayil

Post Mon, Apr 11 2005, 11:43 pm
Our little guy was not a big fan of his cradle either! I put him in it and he was not very happy. B'H", he grew very quickly and within 2 months was in his crib.
SOme kids like a bassinet/cradle. Maybe our next one will. Rolling Eyes

sarahd

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 3:27 am
My baby also slept in his carseat till he was three months old. The doctor had no problem with it and neither did my son. He hated the bassinett (anybody notice a pattern here?) and only used for the few weeks between the carseat and when we finally got around to buying a crib for him. At least I didn't invest any money in a bassinett - I borrowed from someone.

micki

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 8:41 am
hey all yu bassinet haters- I need one! I need one to keep downstairs to have a place to put her during the day.
none of my kids slept in a carseat. no reason- I never thought to put them in it!
they all loved sleeping in my bed, right next to me- or eventually in my co-sleeper. its weirs how now I can't sleep unless she is next to me!

BlumaG

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 8:44 am
I have a graco pack n play with a bassinet insert, they range in price from $50-$120. its gr8 bc its portable. u can use it as a regualr crib for travelling later on
good luck

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 12:08 pm
Tovah, my baby also slept in his carseat till he was two mnths old. someone told me it its good, because it helps with their digestion and burping.

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 12:40 pm
Quote:
because it helps with their digestion and burping.
Thats what my ped told me conc the twins!

Chanie

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 2:25 pm
My son is 5 months and still takes his morning nap in the carseat. He usually falls asleep on the way back from taking his brother to playgroup, so I let him finish off his nap there.... usually a couple of hours.

Tovah

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 6:27 pm
wow I guess I'm not the only one.

Tovah

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 7:25 pm
I spoke to my doc abt it, he said it was fine

lucy

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 8:00 pm
my older daughter for the first 2-3 months slept in the carseat at night & considerring she barley slept during the day (20-30 min max) I didn't care where she slept as long as she slept!

My second daughter slept in a pram stroller which I found so convient (like the size of a bassinet) bc I was able to wheel her around the house.

Don't worry Tovah, my doctor once told me that the only time it bad for them (their back) is when they are much older 5/6 months and then it's not comforable for them!

shoy18

Post Tue, Apr 12 2005, 8:22 pm
my baby also wouldnt sleep anywhere else for about two months, I think cause they are so used to being in utero, and to be flat on thier back isnt to comfortable to them

Frumom

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 8:37 pm
My baby sleeps in his carseat a lot! Wow, I never thought so many ppl did that! I guess they feel snug and secure in it.
Although recently I've been rocking him to sleep in his bassinet. He's getting more used to it- I dont want him to sleep next to me anymore b/c he'll prob start rolling over soon...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics